Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F2/F4 Coil Question

empty_pockets

The first model F2/F4, how would I tell the difference between the first and later model. Looking for the 11 inch Eliciptal DD with push in connector from the first model to be used with the Mark 1.....I was told that the second model, the connector was changed...

They changed from a push in type to a screw in type, I believe the pin configuration stayed the same.
What is a Mark 1?

Ahh, I see, an old Teknetics.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?56,1890008

I don't know anything about the searchcoil spex on the 1980's Teknetics models and make no representation that searchcoils we make now will work on those old models. They probably won't. I think I've heard of some people adapting old White's searchcoils to the old Teknetics.

Yes, Fisher came out with an F-2/F-4 elliptical DD coil that plugs into the older Tekentics models including the Mark 1. I have one of these Fisher DD coils and they do work well. You'll loose some sensitivity but the DD cover is great, Haven't tried it with poor ground and not sure if it will help the Mark 1 in mineralized soil.

However, I heard Fisher changed the plug on later F-2/F-4 DD coils? So if your buddy is looking for a DD coil for his Mark 1 he'll need to get one of the first Fisher F-2/F-4 DD coils...Will enclose a pic below of my Modified Mark 1 with the Fisher DD coil.

Good luck,
Paul