Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F2 Maiden Voyage

atomicscott

I hit the local school down the street from my house today with the F2 and sniper coil. I've hunted the area a few times about a month ago and found some clad and a small silver charm with my Vaquero. I have also hunted there with the Compadre a couple of times. My starting point is always the same; it's the concrete sign with the schools name on it. The kids usually hang out and sit on or around the sign. I hunt about a 3 X 10 ft section on the front and backside of the sign. I was happy that the F2 was so stable, I could run 5 bars on sensitivity without chatter, but I stayed at 4. Got a dime signal at 5" stuck the Lesche in about 5" and the dime is laying right in the hole. The target pinpointing and digging time was about 1/2 that of my usual detectors due to the accurate depth gauge and NO MOTION pinpointing! I got a solid nickel signal 27-28 for 3-4 swings. Then it went to a zinc for 3 or 4 swings. Hmmm.... I dig the target and there is a penny stuck to a nickel! I know what people wil say... you must have hit it at diggerent angles etc...Thing is I found a 12 coin spill (11 pennies, 1 dime) between 5" and 6" deep spread over about a 4" area. I'm surprised that I could have missed such a huge target area before with my other detectors. Totally impressed with the depth of the 4" coil. hitting dimes at 5" easy and pennies and quarters between 6" and 8". No popping or clicking on iron, although I did dig 2 huge rusty nails that came up as quarters+. I still have alot of learning to do, but this detector is really making detecting fun for me again. I spend much less time digging trash and I'm recovering targets much faster than before. I dug 51 coins and about 16 pieces of trash. One trash item was a pencil eraser band as deep as my Lesche (7").