Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F2...the perfect daily freshwater beach hunter!

itsaawgood

I am just thrilled at how well the Fisher F2 is working out down at my local beach for daily beach hunting! I live in Michigan about a block from our local beaches so I go down there in the evening as often as possible. What I discovered is that our city combs or cleans the beach DAILY...what a bummer...so I have to go in the evenings after a busy day at the beach. I tried out both my Whites V3i and my Garrett AT Pro...both great machines...but overkill for this type of hunting. I found that both those machines see well below the "cleaned" line and hit on all the trash that's deeper....not the mention both have a much slower response time then the F2 and are heavier to swing...especially the V3i. Now the F2 is super light, has an incredible response time....I could swing that thing like a mad fool and not miss a target if the coil passed over it....and it does not have the depth of the other machines so its not able to see the trash that's down there say 5+ inches. The stuff I'm looking for has been lost that day so its very close to the surface...so the F2 is an absolute dream....not to mention...the pinpoint on the machine is the best I've seen on any machine. The F2 is a super simple and inexpensive machine, it does NOT have any ground balance...but that's ok for my local freshwater beaches. I highly recommend this little guy for this type of application....inexpensive, super lightweight, lightening fast refresh, dead on pinpoint, numerically target ID, and runs a LONG time on 2 9V batteries! I initially bought this for my 7 year old son but he hardly ever uses it and was actually trying to sell it for awhile....so glad it did not sell and I found this awesome use for it. I have not found anything but change so far...but if there was a piece of jewelry or a watch lost that day...I'm more then confident this machine would find it just as easily as say my V3i or AT Pro. Way to go Fisher for a simple yet very functional little machine!:thumbup:

Your on to something there. try up at the beach grass line, look for spots where people sit ...You cannot believe the loot that has sat there and avoided the beach cleaner, and other detectorists.
look for cigarette butts, preferrable menthols, or a womans brand like Kent, or VA slims. Nice cool day after that storm last night, eh? Find something great!
Mud

Yes the F2 is a excellant detector for the money I loved mine. You'll need to borrow my 1270 now for all the other goodies.LOL

The Pin point is "Pin Point" I agree

try this method also. Hunting in PP mode

Walk parallel to the beach and always start by pressing the PP in when the coil is on the water side of your swing

If you press it on the dune side it sounds off when you swing to the water side if you are getting close to the waters edge

Alimo88 said:
The Pin point is "Pin Point" I agree

try this method also. Hunting in PP mode

Walk parallel to the beach and always start by pressing the PP in when the coil is on the water side of your swing

If you press it on the dune side it sounds off when you swing to the water side if you are getting close to the waters edge

Thats an interesting method...I think my thumb would go numb pretty quick...lol