Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F22 a keeper

oleterryg

I took delivery on an F22 last week. Had my wife in mind when I ordered. When I got it in and presented it to her, she says: "Terry, read my lips. I don't want to metal detect. And that's final. "
So, I immediately listed it for sale.

However, after my son took it out yesterday for a short hunt, and finding some good stuff at surprising depth, I decided to hang on to it.

Was quite impressed with the F22. My son said, "daddy, I really like this little booger."

Nice!
Another Fisher afficianado... you raised him well.

What surprised me was the difference in depth, between air tests and actual ground. Ground is deeper. Which was surprising.

I had some air tests that were less then the depth of coins I found with the F2.

That has not occurred yet with the F70, then again the F70 reaches deeper than the F2.
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

Dave Johnson had this to say about the 9" coil on the F22

'I regard our best overall "small concentric" to be the one that goes on the F22. It's not a symmetrical elliptical like previous designs, but slightly pointy. I'm not sure if it's in full production yet. It's part of the so-called "Greek" or "Fratbros" searchcoil series, so if you begin with the searchcoil then the machine you choose will be one that works with those searchcoils. More specifically, the machines in the Tek and Fisher lineups that run at 7.something kHz. Not compatible with the 19 kHz machines which require DD searchcoil."

My son tested the stock 9"x6", and the 7" round concentric. We both liked the 7" better. Just felt better, better balanced.

But, after reading what Dave had to say, when I am able to physically hunt again, I'll give the stock coil another go.

Ever wish you had never wrote a post? I do.

After seeing metaldetector.com lower their price on the F70 to $449.00, and I want one of these.
But I need to sell my new F22 to raise money to buy one. I don't need to own 3 MD at one time.

In the classifieds, I have lowered the price to $180.00 including shipping. This also includes the 7" round concentric coil.

So, if you know someone who is looking for a great great buy on an F22, then this is surely it. Perfect condition.

Includes metaldetector.com finds pouch, too.

If you want to get there a little faster...and cheaper, the F70 is discontinued but the Ameritek Patriot is exactly the same unit with a new name and new paint job.
Also $399 all day long.

There is no bigger fan of the F70 than me so if you get one let me know, I have written and posted a million words about all kinds of settings and ways I use mine around here.

REVIER said:
If you want to get there a little faster...and cheaper, the F70 is discontinued but the Ameritek Patriot is exactly the same unit with a new name and new paint job.
Also $399 all day long.

There is no bigger fan of the F70 than me so if you get one let me know, I have written and posted a million words about all kinds of settings and ways I use mine around here.

I sure will. I'm pretty sure the Patriot will be my next MD. Just need to build up my wild money chest.

I see metal detector.com has the fisher f70 with both the 11 inch dd and the 5inch dd for 499.00 or the std f70 for the 449.00 mentioned above...Markmac..seems for 50.00 more the dual dd coil pkg is the way to go..

I agree. From all I have read, videos watched, I believe it might be possible that the F70 might compete with my Tesoro DeLeon. And that will be a very difficult task. Maybe impossible for any detector that's considered a jewelry and coin shooter.
But like most folks, wondering drives me nuts.