Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F4 Depth VS F2?

coast40

Would I get more depth with an F4 over my F2?

Not really their about the same the F4 you can ground balance the F2 you can not its preset so is the F4 if you choose not to ground balance. But the depth is about the same.

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to decide between selling the F2 for an F4 and keeping my Tornado pushin coil, OR selling it all and getting something even better. The 6" targets at the current grounds are faint.

If most people woul d be honest most signals at 6 inches come in faint especially on hot dry days when the soil is dry. I've got an f5 and my brother wv62 has an f75 and we find most of our coins around the 3 to 4 inch range. Once in a awhile we'll get down around 6 to 7 inches but that's when its cool and damp outside.

The only significant difference is the ability to ground balance the all metal mode on the f4. It does NOT transfer to disc. So if all you will use is disc than there will be no difference.

Over the years, most finds are around 2-4". The LRP can air test a quarter to 10". Doesn't mean it finds quarters in the ground that deep. 6-7" is about it. I can detect a soda can further. But coins and most jewelry lose their ID in the ground at 7". Running AM with a threshold, and listening for a change will get deeper targets. But forget any ID. I laugh when people say their detector found a quarter at 14-16". To dig that deep you need a shovel (spade).

If you're digging coins at 6", you're digging the same as 95% of other diggers. The other 5% spends $1000's for that extra 2" or so.

Thoughts....By adding the coils of the F2 to an F4 with Ground Balance I can go as far as that platform will go. I would end up with an F4 with a Tornado coil, an 11DD, and a 4" coil, with an F2 as spare or sale. This is a low buck endeavor as I have another hobby that needs cash and time feeding, hot rods. So if I find an F4 with pushin coils for a great price...

I am a bit confused by a few of the replies I have seen in this thread....I have an F4 and I find that if the unit is properly ground balanced in the autotune mode as directed in the manual, that it will carry over to all modes. If you doubt that, set your GB in autotune , switch to all metal disc. , and sweep an area with some iron signal registering, then turn the GB adjustment knob CCW a few degrees and you will get totally different target response... First Texas should verify this... The manual GB is, to my knowledge, the only advantage the F4 has over the F2 except for the DD stock coil.
BTW, I have been trying to get some input from someone with "ACTUAL" experience as to whether there is an advantage with the NEL Tornado coil on the F4.. Depth +, stability, target separation ????

HouliSR said:
I am a bit confused by a few of the replies I have seen in this thread....I have an F4 and I find that if the unit is properly ground balanced in the autotune mode as directed in the manual, that it will carry over to all modes. If you doubt that, set your GB in autotune , switch to all metal disc. , and sweep an area with some iron signal registering, then turn the GB adjustment knob CCW a few degrees and you will get totally different target response... First Texas should verify this... The manual GB is, to my knowledge, the only advantage the F4 has over the F2 except for the DD stock coil.
BTW, I have been trying to get some input from someone with "ACTUAL" experience as to whether there is an advantage with the NEL Tornado coil on the F4.. Depth +, stability, target separation ????

Dave Johnson of First Texas stated that the Ground Balance on the F4 only works on the All metal modes. But, I'm pretty sure there is a lot more units on the market that do the same thing that are unknown to us!

Mark

I don't even know if the Gamma transfers GB from AM to Disc. My Land Ranger Pro is balanced in AM but does carry to Disc 2,3 and 4, but not to Coins, Jewelry and Artifact (which are preset at 82). I think a characteristic of transferable GB is when AM mode can ID with the numbers, which I can on the LRP.