Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F4

Hello folks
I have a F4 detector for about ten years now and love it, however I am wondering if I should up grade to a better detector. I know live in Utah and there are a lot of old ghost towns that I want to detect. The question is--- do I keep my f 4 or switch to a different unit? Any information would be of great help!!!! Thanks guys

richard thompson said:
Hello folks
I have a F4 detector for about ten years now and love it, however I am wondering if I should up grade to a better detector. I know live in Utah and there are a lot of old ghost towns that I want to detect. The question is--- do I keep my f 4 or switch to a different unit? Any information would be of great help!!!! Thanks guys

I used an F2 for a few years and loved it.
Nobody can say I didn't get the most out of it I possibly could after seeing the thousands of coins, silver and gold I found with it so I am a Fisher guy through and through.
The F4 is well known to be a slightly upgraded version if the F2 with a few extras like the bigger DD coil, true all metal and the ability to GB in all metal.
Despite these upgrades I never thought the F4 was all that worth it considering the GB settings did not transfer into disc, a mode that I believe most owners used instead of all metal.
There was a several hundred dollar price difference between a new F2 and a new F4, even if you added that bigger DD coil to an F2 to still pay all that extra dough for a GB feature that most never took advantage of still lowered the value of the F4 in my eyes.
When people asked about both my advice was to just get an F2 or just add a few more bucks and move up instead to an F5, an actual real world upgrade to both the F2 and the F4.
To me I always thought the F4 was in the Fisher lineup to fill an intermediary price slot between the F2 and the F5...nothing more.
I am not saying the F4 couldn't find the goods, all Fishers can, it is just the feature list and price of the F4 never made sense to me...not the most bang for the buck.

When I decided to upgrade from the F2 I considered the F5 but then decided on an F75.
I looked at others but I spent all that time learning the Fisher language so well it just made sense to me to stay in the Fisher line.
I always wondered if I could do all that I did with an F2 what could I do with a tool that had way more power, features, settings and abilities to play with.

Then a brand new fire sale priced F70 came into my life and I jumped on it and never looked back

It has now been about 4 years and I can honestly say the day this thing came into my world was life changing in the truest sense of the word.
It could find everything the F2 could easily but there was much more.
A whole new world opened up to me from day one, a much deeper target rich world my F2 couldn't touch and after taking it into some of the most difficult sites I knew, sites that were infested with trash, iron, mineralization, heavy EMI problems and many times all of them added together and was shocked at how successful I was in those sites that I never was before, well...on day one my jaw started dropping and it hasn't stopped since.

Now that oh so capable same F70 is being sold as the Patriot...for a new price of $400 which is hard to believe for me.

On top of that all the other FTP units are now sensibly priced from the entry level units up through the F19 and even into several flavors if the flagship F75's which you can now pick up starting at $500 for the 85th Anniversary model and soon the F75+ with all the whistles and bells plus a top line pinpointer for $649 msrp.

The Patriot would be a huge upgrade for you, you might not believe how much is actually packed into that $400 package but the DST features on the newer F75's are also something that you might want to look into, if very quiet hunting is something that is important to you.
That is what DST us, a noise dampening feature that has made hunting with these very powerful units a pleasure for many.

Me, I can set my F70 to be noisy, very quiet or anywhere in between and learned to hunt with it in many different ways comfortably so DST is something I don't really care about or need but others might.

If you enjoyed using the F4, and I know that you did, you might not believe what these other upgraded detectors can do for you in most of the same spots you have hunted before.
Like me you will find there is a whole other world out there for you if you just reach out and discover it.

The F5 is hard to beat, I've had mine for 3 years now. You don't see the F5 up for sale in the used detector market much, there's a reason.

The new F75+ comes with a pinpointer and and digger is a heck of a deal. If you like the F4, you will LOVE the F75+.

And it’s not just some junk pinpointer, but the brand new Fisher Pulse Induction pinpointer!