Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F44 Arrives Today!

JWS1961

Total newbie here. Heard mention of this site from several You tube vids I watch and after browsing the site, seeing all the great posts and informative and helpful responses, decided I needed to join as I'll prob have a ton of questions in my new endeavor.

After careful research and looking over all reviews I could find, I decided on the F44. From what I could find online, this detector seemed like the "best" for beginners ( between F44 and ACE400). So I ordered it and it arrives today. Found the user manual online and seems like I've memorized it...lol. Hopefully I'm "smart" enough to use it.

Probably first actual detecting will be at my parents place. When I was younger I found an Indian Head there but don't remember what happened to it...I probably bought a penny bag of hard candy at the country store nearby. My great grandpa lived across the road and I'll prob try there as well. Also have a couple homesteads from the 1800s that I'll be visiting. On one there's nothing left but the old double fireplace and the other is a rock wall (fence??) 50ft square. I thought perhaps house sat inside to keep livestock out. Doing research on Civil War in this area. Looks promising.

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes and hopefully I'll find some history I can hold in my hands.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting that new F44. Sounds exciting getting to hunt all those old sites your talking about, keep us posted on what you find.

Welcome aboard, you have just taken up a great and addictive hobby. Sounds like you have some grand spots lined up to get you started. Dig a lot of signals to get a feel for readings and how various targets sound. I believe you will be pleased with the F 44. HH jim tn

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie myself, so I wouldn't be much help to you, but I can offer this , you have come to the right place, for advice. There are a great bunch of very helpful folks on this site. Hope you have great hunting!

Thanks all for the responses.

Just a quick update....Found over $2 in clad in my yard. Lots of trash...bottle lids..can slaw...nails.
Went to parents place and found a 1917 wheat cent and a small brass buckle. Lots of nails and such. Only searched a very small section so I'll be looking more there. Haven't made it across street to great grandparents (now my uncle's place)...looking forward to that.

Holding off on the double chimney place until weeds die off....it's in snake country. Will be going to the other home site soon.

Ordered a pin pointer last week and was supposed to been here by last Saturday. Tracking showed it left KY...Went to to Cincinnati, then was in Nashville TN the day is was due here...left Nashville and back to Cincinnati Oh, left there and currently it's in Akron OH. Funny thing is...it was only couple hrs from here when I ordered it...lol. Don't know when/if it'll get here. USPS leaves a lot to be desired.

Congrats on your new machine. Look for posts by Lake Washington Steve. He really knows the F44, and has quite a few well written posts with a lot of great info.