Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F44 Hunt #1

zeekeys

F44 came in yesterday with the 11" and the 7" coils. Put the 7" coil on.
I am using factory settings except for: Sens@10 and Volume@11. Mode on jewelry. Hit a few tot lots and was digging into the mats under the chips so lowered sens to 10 instead of 12 factory setting. Pretty much dug all good sounding signals. The trash is just a part of what I dug just so you could get an idea of what I was digging. Didn't care much about the numbers the targets came in at.. Just the sound is more important for this hunt. Dug a lot of tabs, foil and eraser tips. Didn't swing as fast as I would be with the F70. I need to understand much more about the F44 before I can just plain run full blast with it. I switched from jewelry mode to coin mode when I hit some targets to see if coin mode would hit also. Coin mode did fine but there was a lower volume to the signals. I just will turn my headphone volume up more in the coin mode. I had a pleasant surprise when I dug the anchor cross and found out it was 14K. The ring was a heart stopper down 3" and it came out shiny and caked with mud. I thought I had gold. It is 925 and some other markings ??? Have no idea? It sure is a nice looking ring. Wife even agrees. I think the F44 did well on this hunt but could not balance the detector in the chips. I went out of the chips and balanced and went back into the chips. It balanced in the low 50's out of the chips so I guess the chips must be low 40's or less. All I have to say is look at what the F44 found. I won't say I really like the F44 because every new detector I like from the start and when I get more hunts in I find I don't like this or I don't like that. I had a good hunt today. Thanks for stopping in.......Z

I'd say that was a nice hunt today. Gold and silver, yeah Mr Z. Good hunting with a new detector. HH jim tn

Not heard much about the f44,that f70 is going to be hard to beat Zee. Is the f44 an up grade to the f70? Nice finds, seems like a good start for your new machine, keep the post coming. Thanks for all the posts.

Thanks guys. Just got email from Mud asking if the cross was white gold. I am not much for cameras. I have only had this one for years and only know how to take a close up of a coin. I took 8 pictures of the cross to see which setting works better.
Thanks Jim coming from you it is appreciated.
Thanks SL52. No upgrade for the F70. I got the F70 because no one was using it and it looked good. The F70 is hard to beat for the kind of hunting I do. F44 is a new detector I wanted to try. I am trying to find a nickle detector.
Dirt doctor: Thanks....
Here is the best I can do on the gold cross....

....the newer Fishers seem to have a hard time with nickels (or that gold range) like the newer Land Ranger Pro does.

Great on targets 60 and above though.

Nice hunt.

Z, looks like you have a good start with the 44, not to take away your post ,but I kinda miss Muds AM hunts-------after1----------

Nice hunt and thanks for sharing....I've wondered how the F44 goes in the hands of an experienced user, will look forward to further posts.

Wow great finds congrats. I'm loving my f44 so far, not sure about the factory 11"coil though. I believe I'm going to try the 10" concentric off the f5 next.

New toys for us big boy. Their fun for sure especially when you know your not going to miss a lot of the goodies. Looks like you were having fun.

It's nice when you have a proven respected detector like the 70 for a backup while exploring the new ones. Almost like putting on your favorite pair of old comfortable shoes.--------------IB

Hightone: I have read some of your posts on the LRP on BH forum thanks for those posts. My nickle count is only 6% of my coins and has been for some years. My big day in nickles is 11 and I am thinking that is a high for a day in some years. That is using a number of detectors from different manufacturers. All the nickles can't be gone? My penny count is 60% of my finds. Vid #61-62 zinc and copper vid #70+. I hear about these nickle magnets but do we have a detector that will consistently find nickles? I am talking about 20% or more of the total finds being nickles. I am looking and you are, so let me know about your search results. Thanks...Z

After1: Thanks and I miss Muds hunts to see what kind of tomfoolery went on over there in Michigan. I read them a few times so I wouldn't miss the real humor in his writings.

Furious: I have tried to do this kind of hunting results with every detector that I have owned. I know I am way overboard on my posts but if a guy can consistently find a good number coins. Someone may get the idea that maybe this is a good coin machine? Can a person swing it day after day without blowing out his shoulder? Is it reliable? Does it come with a good small coil?

tc1967: I am using the 7" but first attempt on the tot lots wasn't that good. I had trouble getting close to poles. When I got with in 4" from the poles it would motorboat on me. About 7" it would start to sound off on the pole. It doesn't mean the 7" coil isn't any good in the tot lots. It means I must know more on how it works? Only way to do that is use it more. I also found by a quick switch to coin mode I got much closer to the poles. Today I will be going out and try coin mode to see how that works in park and tot lot. Going to penny park today. Happy Trails.......Z

Nice finds! It probabably couldnt ground grab in the chips because not enough mineralization. would have to do manual there or do what you did.

Hightone said:
....the newer Fishers seem to have a hard time with nickels (or that gold range) like the newer Land Ranger Pro does.

Great on targets 60 and above though.

Nice hunt.
I haven't been into this hobbie very long and I hope this doesn't sound stupid. I'm seeing people say "Oh it has to find nickels, it has to find nickels. I'm thinking this my be a mental thing for some people. I know the saying if your finding nickels, your going to find gold. I don't believe this 100%. Look at how many rings Revier has found with the f2 , f70 and what about Mike Hill is with his f5. I bet they have more gold than a lot of us have nickels.lol. I'm definitely not trying to start an argument. Just trying to keep an open mind.

zeekeys said:
Hightone: I have read some of your posts on the LRP on BH forum thanks for those posts. My nickle count is only 6% of my coins and has been for some years. My big day in nickles is 11 and I am thinking that is a high for a day in some years. That is using a number of detectors from different manufacturers. All the nickles can't be gone? My penny count is 60% of my finds. Vid #61-62 zinc and copper vid #70+. I hear about these nickle magnets but do we have a detector that will consistently find nickles? I am talking about 20% or more of the total finds being nickles. I am looking and you are, so let me know about your search results. Thanks...Z

After1: Thanks and I miss Muds hunts to see what kind of tomfoolery went on over there in Michigan. I read them a few times so I wouldn't miss the real humor in his writings.

Furious: I have tried to do this kind of hunting results with every detector that I have owned. I know I am way overboard on my posts but if a guy can consistently find a good number coins. Someone may get the idea that maybe this is a good coin machine? Can a person swing it day after day without blowing out his shoulder? Is it reliable? Does it come with a good small coil?

tc1967: I am using the 7" but first attempt on the tot lots wasn't that good. I had trouble getting close to poles. When I got with in 4" from the poles it would motorboat on me. About 7" it would start to sound off on the pole. It doesn't mean the 7" coil isn't any good in the tot lots. It means I must know more on how it works? Only way to do that is use it more. I also found by a quick switch to coin mode I got much closer to the poles. Today I will be going out and try coin mode to see how that works in park and tot lot. Going to penny park today. Happy Trails.......Z
Z..... Wow great info thank you

Show me treasures. I didn't have the manual so all I could think of was to ground balance out of the chips and go into the chips. Mud didn't ground balance for like years. So it has to work. And thank you for the excellent service and deal on the F44. Appreciated Craig.......Jerry

n/t

When I used my F2, it seemed to hit pretty constant on a 4-5" nickel. I found some gold rings that way. Same with my F5 that I used for over 6 years.

It's not a bad thing, IMO. Just the way it is. I love the LRP. I found that to better ID the nickel range is to hold down the mode button (temp AM and the ID and depth still display) and it does a better job of locking.

The LRP and F44 do a lot, and for the price, I'm sure the processor isn't as a F70 or F75. Like the difference between a Intel Celeron and i3. The less demand the better it can process.