Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F44 is a serious machine!

KennyD

The F44 sure aint no re-packaged Bounty Hunter.
Been really testing the F44 out alot since I got it. I also own an F75, and an F5 and I can say the 44 keeps up with them just fine .... the F75 is a bit deeper.

But one thing I love about the 44 is its ability to ID steel bottle caps. In the parks I hunt, they are everywhere.
The 44 will make a distinctive iron grunt at the begining and end of the target tone, thus telling you its a steel bottle cap. My F75 dosent even do that!!

Isn't the f44 also water proof? Seems like I heard someone here on the forum saying that. Glad to here your report on this machine.

From what I think I heard, it is not quite waterproof. It's water resistant so it can handle rain, but don't try to use it underwater.

Glad to hear it is working so well for you. Happy hunting.

fjs440 said:
From what I think I heard, it is not quite waterproof. It's water resistant so it can handle rain, but don't try to use it underwater.

Weatherproof - not waterproof :thumbup:

The more you use it the more you like it ;)

HH
Mike

It's a little bit deeper than my F5 with stock 10" coil. You are right about the bottle caps.

I have used mine in heavy and not so heavy rain a few times and it works great. I put a ziplock on the computer just to keep it clean when I use it in foul weather. Be sure not to hunt in the rain with headphones though. This is where the volume control on this machine really comes in handy.