Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F44 or Gamma 6000

Mr. Beard

I am interested in getting another Fisher/Teknetics that uses the coils from my already owned F5 and F22 . Has anyone compared the F44 against the Gamma 6000?? Which would be a better unit for park,schoolyard coin/jewelry hunting?

Well I can keep this reply simple by telling you the F44. Years ago when I was a teknetics dealer and use the Omega 8000 oh, I also kept thing gamma 6000 around using it from time to time. About two years ago I bought two F 44s do you have one for me, and one is a loaner unit.

The loaner unit was used and somebody really liked it so I sold it. I have a lot of detectors around and a gal who checked out my F44 for just a few months ago liked it better than the other models in that price range, and she bought it.

I bought the F44 with the round 7 inch concentric coil which I really enjoyed using because it worked a lot better in the trash areas around picnic Bowery than and similar how use and high litter locations.

Monte

I second Monte's opinion. The F44 (which is really good update of the outstanding Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro) is great for parks, playgrounds, tot lots and it is weatherproof. I am okay with the teardrop coil. I don't care for the 11X7" coil. It will do fine with your F22 and F5 coils. It is a lot like the F22 but has a lot more features.
My only experiences with the Gamma 6000 (same as the Bounty Hunter Platinum) were that it was an EMI attracting detector especially with the 11X7" coil. I would stay away from it if I were you.

My only experiences with the Gamma 6000 (same as the Bounty Hunter Platinum) were that it was an EMI attracting detector especially with the 11X7" coil. I would stay away from it if I were you.
Quite correct. Of all the things I liked about them, the one thing that annoyed me with any Omega or Gamma was EMI. They were great for coin hunting, but that put you in urban areas most of the time, and urban areas are often EMI plagued locations.

The F44 was very quiet by comparison.

Monte

Last edited:
I don't think you would gain anything worthwhile by getting either one of these two models over your F5. I had the Omega 8000 V6 and the F44 at some point. I liked the Omega but not as much as my F5. I did not like the F44. It's a little deeper than the F5 but it's a noisy bugger. If you like your F5 laid back style, you might not mesh with the F44. Mine was an early model though and maybe Fisher did something about the clipping tones and false signals since then but it annoyed the heck out of me.

Buy a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro or Teknetics G2+ or Fisher F19 and all the coils you have will work on those models. The 19 kHz machines will give you a totally different detection experience. An experience you might like a lot.

I don't think you would gain anything worthwhile by getting either one of these two models over your F5. I had the Omega 8000 V6 and the F44 at some point. I liked the Omega but not as much as my F5.
In response to Mr. Beard, I'll agree with you. I didn't have an F5 until I bought one a couple of weeks ago for my multi-model evaluation of detectors for $550 or less. I had considered getting one, but was pestered with questions of what I thought about the Omega 8000, and since I hadn't handled one of those, either, I bought one. I've now owned several Omega 8000's and had two of them a little over a year ago when I also had two F44's.. The Omega's wee just a wee-bit deeper, but the F44's were, by far, much quieter around EMI problem areas. I just liked the general performance of the F44. All are gone now but I got to use the last one in my evaluations.

I did not like the F44. It's a little deeper than the F5 but it's a noisy bugger. If you like your F5 laid back style, you might not mesh with the F44. Mine was an early model though and maybe Fisher did something about the clipping tones and false signals since then but it annoyed the heck out of me.
Using the same 7" Concentric coil that I like for a lot of urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting, the F44 was not deeper than the new F5 I just bought I had handled the F5 briefly a time or two when someone brought their F5 to one of my seminars, but I was really thinking about one anyway, and when I started acquiring a few for my evaluations, I also got the new F5. For 5¢ under $300, how could I pass that up! And of all the detectors I bought that I didn't have, all of them are going up for same now ... except for the F5. Three's a lot more to that detector and the adjust-ability than most would imagine.

So for Mr. Beard, who has had an F5 and still has useful search coils, I'd agree the F5 would be the way to go instead of the Omega or F44. A very affordable performance featured model compared with the other two. And working the same areas I did before, the F5 is much less EMI challenged.

Monte

Since the original poster already has an F5 and an F22, the F44 might be a bit redundant. I too am a big fan of the Time Ranger Pro/F19/G2+ with a smaller coil. Again, the 11X7" DD coil does not do any Fisher detector much of a favor.

I agree regarding the 11" BiAxial coil. As for Mr. Beards post, he didn't say he had the F5, he said he had coils from an 'already owned' and I took that to imply he once had it and doesn't now but has coils. And if he has an F5 now, he certainly doesn't need an F44 or Gamma.

Thanks for the informative replies.
I do have a Fisher F5 (w/10 concentric) and F22 (w/9 teardrop) and also an extra 10 elliptical DD and 8 round coil. I got with my local dealer and asked him to check on the F19 that is presently on sale.

I got with my local dealer and asked him to check on the F19 that is presently on sale.
You said you want to do some park and school Coin & Jewelry hunting. I have owned 4 F19's and I know how they work and what they're capable of. The F 19 and G2 Plus and Ti me Ranger Pro are all the same Electronics and should all be going for about the same low price now. They do have some potential in their design, but I would not take them to the F5. I still have my 10" elliptical in my accessory coil tote , it's a good coil, but for the trashy places where I hunt Coins and Jewelry, I prefer the 7" concentric coil. It keeps the F5 light and handy, and I find that it works quite well in and around the typically trashy areas.

If you have a local dealer, and if the F 19 is that popular, I would think he would have one on hand for you to handle and compare with what you have now. That way you would know if you really need it or not.

Just a thought because it's often good to try something before you invest in it.

Monte

The f19 is a great detector I have one myself but it only uses DD coils so you won't be able to use your concentrics on it.

The f19 is a great detector I have one myself but it only uses DD coils so you won't be able to use your concentrics on it.

I already have a 10" DD coil and just ordered a Nel Snake 6.5X3.5 DD coil as they will work on both the F5 and a F19.

Looking on the Fisher website they have listing of four 11 inch coils that fit on the Gold Bug,F19 and F5 detectors. 11CoilF19, 11CoilF5F, 11CoilGB and a 11CoilFRL. The first three show to have the detector ID decal and the last one just shows a"F" decal. Are all of these the same coil with just an ID decal on it??

I just gotta throw a bone to the 11x7 coil. I, for one, love it. Great on the T2 and on the 19khz stuff.
Was a bigtime disappointment on the Omega. Still my favorite shape coil. Was good on the Kruzer as well.

Not sure without going to the website to look but some of the coils have a push in connector instead of a screw in one.
Coils for Fisher Gold Bug,F-Series and Teknetics G2,G2+,Greek series and Euro-Tech series I do believe are all compatible.
Not the F70 or 75 coils. F-series 2,4,5,11,22,44.

Last edited:
I just gotta throw a bone to the 11x7 coil. I, for one, love it. Great on the T2 and on the 19khz stuff.
Was a bigtime disappointment on the Omega. Still my favorite shape coil. Was good on the Kruzer as well.
I like it too. It won't equal the OP's Snake coil for separation but I think it has a good mix of ground coverage and depth in less contaminated areas. The coil is relatively light and balances well on these machines.

Last edited:
I decided on the Fisher F19. I also bought a Nel Snake DD coil 6.5X3.5. I bought the F19 on special and ordered it with the 11" DD coil since I didn't have that coil. I can use the 3 different size DD coils I already have on my F5, F22 and the F19

Attachments

• new detector.jpg
    new detector.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
I have the the F44 and love it its been 2 years now with it and i have found Incredible stuff. I have also found lost rings for many people here in Ohio. Its a great lil machine Light and able to swing it for hrs on end !

My first outing with my new F19 at a park I have been to for many many years with at least 15 different detectors. The large tree I always search around I thought was pretty clean of targets. The 1964 nickel, the clean Zinc cent and the dog tag were right on top of the ground. The 4 wheats and other coins (clad) were between 3-6 inches deep. I had the break set at 55 and the volume at 16. After reading some of the posts on the F19, I set the volume at 10, the break at 40 and read the manual again and know how to set the DISC. No wonder it was hitting every target and making a lot of noise on my first hunt. When I learn more about the settings on this one and get more time on it I don't know what else I will find.

Attachments

• Nov 18.JPG
    Nov 18.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 211