Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F44 question

Just sent a msg to Fisher Labs with a question concerning my F44. I use headphones to hear the tones generated by the machine. I am totally deaf in one ear and partially deaf in the other. I was wondering if I could use a bluetooth transmitter with the machine to eliminate the annoying wire without degrading the signals received from the coil or damaging the electronics in the machine. Has anyone else tried this?

Do a search on: Rapoo-Wireless-Microphone-H3070. No reason why these shouldn't work. You might need an adapter to the 1/2" plug.

Hello Mr. Clark,

Most wireless headsets operate in the meg hertz and should not interfere with a regular hobby detector.

Regards,

Arturo Barrientos
First Texas Products-Nivisys, LLC
Sales Support
1465 Henry Brennan Dr.
El Paso, TX 79936
915-633-8354 ext. 152
www.detecting.com www.tekneticst2.com www.fisherlab.com www.nivisys.com

Most Bluetooth wireless headphones delay the signal slightly (latency) due to the signal being compressed and decompressed, which makes them not very suitable for metal detectors.

Forums sponsor Deteknix sells a wireless setup called Wire-Free. http://www.deteknix.com/products/47-cn.html
I know nothing about it.

Hello you all.

If you are going to test drive Bluetooth, use Bluetooth 4.0 or better.
There is a big difference on latency on older versions, and it renders metal detectors almost unusable.
Ok maybe not unusable, but quite annoying.

I don't know if you will like 4.0, but I do know you will not like 3.0 and older.

IF you are going to try BT, let it be BT 4.0 or better.
BT 3.0 and older have too much latency.