Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 adds another silver

still looking 52

Found this little lady hiding in the woods about three inches down, came in a steady 85 with no variations. Called my brother over with his F75 to get his reading on the target and it also was showing the same reading, we took out the plug and there she was, all nice and shiny.
Can't read the date but has to be minted between 1917&1924.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_200347647.jpg
    IMG_20201014_200347647.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20201014_200125711.jpg
    IMG_20201014_200125711.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
Sure looked good to me when it came out of the ground.

Maybe you want to tell the story about pocket spill of quarters your found.

Brother Ron in WV

Yeah, right at the end of the day I get this pocket spill reading, two quarters sitting just six inches apart from each other with nice clean stable readings of around 83. The location wasn't far from where I just found that SLQ so of course now I'm thinking oh boy two more silver quarters to end the day. I get Ron over there with his F75 and he gets the same exact reading as I did, now I'm really getting excited so we dig a plug on the one on the right and nothing is showing plus the pinpointer isn't sounding off either, Ron looks at me & says I bet there's a quarter standing on it's edge giving us both signals. You guessed it, that's exactly what it was.
That's the first time that's happened to me but Ron says he's had that happen before to him, way back in the day.

Congrats on the sweet SLQ!

I wish I was, and I hope I can.

Congrats on the Standing liberty. They are always one of my more sought-after and fun finds to make. They are one of those coin we are always hoping to spy a readable date on, and most often can't, but they are still a terrific coin even without a date.

Yep, I wish I was 'still looking 52', and I'll be headed to a site with my new F5 this next week where I hope I can come across another SL 25¢ where I pulled my last one.

Which coil and settings were you using, if I may ask. i always like to hear what folks use and their set-up.

Thanks,m and bet wished for another good hunt.

Monte

That’s fantastic to find two standers in the same year, well done. On a side note, do you still have the Harley that you bought in S. Dakota in the 70’s?

Great find ! I love to get that silver shine when I've popped out so many old pennies. Quarters are definitely getting hard to find.

That’s fantastic to find two standers in the same year, well done. On a side note, do you still have the Harley that you bought in S. Dakota in the 70’s?
Now that's going back in time, no I sold that bike for 2100$, just what I paid for it just before I left S.Dakota in 1974.
Did we ride together back then?

I wish I was, and I hope I can.

Congrats on the Standing liberty. They are always one of my more sought-after and fun finds to make. They are one of those coin we are always hoping to spy a readable date on, and most often can't, but they are still a terrific coin even without a date.

Yep, I wish I was 'still looking 52', and I'll be headed to a site with my new F5 this next week where I hope I can come across another SL 25¢ where I pulled my last one.

Which coil and settings were you using, if I may ask. i always like to hear what folks use and their set-up.

Thanks,m and bet wished for another good hunt.

Monte
Monte, I don't know his settings but I do know he was using his one and only 11" DD coil. Brother SL52 may have missed your question.

SL52's brother Ron in WV

Monte, I don't know his settings but I do know he was using his one and only 11" DD coil. Brother SL52 may have missed your question.

SL52's brother Ron in WV
Ron, 'Thank You' for that info. I got out for some very late afternoon 'scouting' to try and find any left-over house site that would have been demolished about 1980 or so. I was using my new T2+ with a NEL Super-Fly DD coil as it is a big area, but took my Fisher F5 along just in case I lucked upon former dwelling debris sites. It might inch up to 56° tomorrow, but the morning winds of 8 to 12 will increase after noon to 13 to 20 mph so I'm not sure how long I'll last. It's now a very open, flat, barren grassy park so no tress to block the wind. The occupied 2+ story house across the street was built in the 1890's I was told, and with some clean-up I might try to get permission there next year. It's too overgrown to hunt now.

I'm hoping to come across some hunting opportunity before winter arrives to work the F5. I swapped to the round 7" Concentric today. The F5's not the best in a lot of iron contamination, but hunts well for higher-conductive non-ferrous targets. Just need a good site ... like all of us do.

Monte

Now that's going back in time, no I sold that bike for 2100$, just what I paid for it just before I left S.Dakota in 1974.
Did we ride together back then?
No, we didn’t ride together back then, but I bet it would have been a lot of fun. I posted back in July, that I had travelled to the Sturgis/Rapid City area for my wife’s family reunion and had some hail damage to my truck. My first hunt back from that trip, I found a gold ring.
You posted that you were stationed in the Rapid City area back in the early 70’s and had purchased a new Harley at that time. I was just curious if you had kept the Harley all these years?
I worked several years with a guy that had purchased a ‘67 Chevelle while he was in the Coast Guard. He kept the car all these years and recently had it restored. I think he said that he paid around $2500 in ‘67. Imagine what it is worth now, especially after being restored?