Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 and concentric coil

Furious T

I live in Australia, and ordered a concentric coil for my F5 11 months ago....after me phoning the dealer here several times over the last 11 months, I finally received a message from him on my message bank that there is no concentric coil for the F5. I know that his information contradicts the information in the F5 Operator's Manual, and I know that the concentric coil used to be the standard coil on the F5 (mine came with an 11" DD). First question: Is he correct? Second question: Can I use the concentric coil from my Omega on the F5 (they both seem to have the same operating frequency). Certainly wouldn't mind if Dave J. came in here with some info. Thanks all, for any feedback.

The omega and the F5 coils are interchangeable except for early version F5 that had push in style connector not the screw in type.

Bob

For that matter all the greek series and G2 Teknetics as well as the single 9 volt Gold Bugs with the screw connect will go F5 and vice versa.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! I did a "test hookup" of the Omega coil to the F5, and it seemed to work fine, but it's always good to get other opinions or feedback.
Pete