Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 and copper pennies

YES!
They even have a notch in or out for Zinc's

Zinc's are well below the copper pennies.
They're is no icon on the display for copper pennies, but they fall into the dime zone, normally referred to as the penny/dime range.

Mark

Gayle Houtx said:
Good deal.....THANKS Gayle

I believe this video was done by a forum member on this forum, it didn't look to have any advertisement in it so It should be okay to post it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087isTvZNhg

MarkCZ said:
Zinc's are well below the copper pennies.
They're is no icon on the display for copper pennies, but they fall into the dime zone, normally referred to as the penny/dime range.
Mark,

Just remember that while Zinc cents fall below most better quality and higher-conductive copper cents, you will find that most Indian Head cents and many early era Wheat-back cents from about 1909 to ±1920 will also respond with a numeric VDI and TID similar to the modern Zinc cents. So, just remember to factor in the use-age of the site you are hunting. If it has any old coin potential, dig those 'Zinc' cent responses.

Monte

PS: Did you check the F5 with all the search coils you have for it using one or more silver dollar coins?

Yes. It can also tell the difference between copper pennies and dimes.

HH
Mike

Monte said:
PS: Did you check the F5 with all the search coils you have for it using one or more silver dollar coins?

Hi "Monte"
To help the title poster a little, Monte is following up with me about an issue that my brother was having with an early model F5.

Monte, as of this morning I've not gotten any word that Ron had met up with him to actually test the F5 yet. Now, for the question about "all of the coils he has for it" I'm pretty certain that he only has the one 11" DD coil for his F5 at this time.
Thanks for following up on it.

Mark

F5 will ring a copper penny at 60-61 and a dime at 62-63. Pretty awesome detector. Thinking of getting a gold bug pro as a sidekick. heard it is ok with coins and fantastic around EMI (dual processor)

3bet said:
F5 will ring a copper penny at 60-61 and a dime at 62-63. Pretty awesome detector. Thinking of getting a gold bug pro as a sidekick. heard it is ok with coins and fantastic around EMI (dual processor)

That range of numbers all fall into the "Dime" range. On many other brands and models that range is the combined "Penny/Dime" In many hunting conditions I've found that copper pennies and clad dimes with cross target ID numbers.

Mark

I'll admit I haven't been out in 2-3 weeks.... but my F5 can tell the difference between copper 1c's and dimes. My atpro cannot.

"Maybe" it can in an air test---maybe-------but don't count on it when that coil hits the ground---all bets are off!