Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 BATTERY CHANGE

TN HUNTER

NEED TO KNOW WHEN TO CHANGE THE BATTERIES ON F5 BY LOOKING AT BATTERY SCALE ON DISPLAY. NO WERE IN THE MANUAL DOES IT GIVE THIS INFO. THAT I CAN SEE THANKS. TN HUNTER

I don't know the real answer but I always change mine when it gets below 1/2 on the scale. I think the F5 will act funny if you let the batteries get to low.

I've ran my batteries down on mine and what happened was the gain was greatly reduced - it would only detect a coin down about two inches.

It was not a gradual loss, it just happened like that.

I would change them out at 1/2 the amt of lost finds could out weigh the cost of batteries-use all that found clad to purchase new ones -its like getting them free

I called and spoke with a technician at FT and he said once the batteries hit 7 to 7.5 volts your machine will act funny. That is probably why they say to use alkaline batteries because they start out around 9.4 volts and the nimh rechargeable start out at 8.4 volts. I asked if rechargeable were OK to use and he said yes but they would not last as long. Has anyone tried lithium 9 volt rechargeable I think they have a higher voltage rating than the nimh batteries. By the way when my batteries get low and it happens all of the sudden my F5 will not GB, pinpoint function makes the machine go crazy like the shallow iron overload and you have no depth at all.

HH

Bob

Hi I have tried Rechargeables without much luck in my F4 they didnt last long at all, Im talking about 4/5 hours even after a few charge cyles I tried 2 makes of ni mh....also checking my so called dead alkaline batteries with a multi meter I see there is still above 8volt left in them???? I need to check weather my F4 power consumption is faulty...............

use only the best and it is worth the extra money it is like buying high grade oil