Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 Battery Status ??

coyote

Not sure how to address this but What is the minimum voltage that the F5 will perform reliably? The current battery volt reading on my status bar is now 8 volts and the status has a 6 volt bar at its lowest reading. I'm a beginner and in the learning process of detecting and using this Detector.

Would like to inquire as how the voltage affects the detector and if the minimum voltage 6 volts status would seriously jeopardize the detectors performance and the voltage the batteries should be replaced? I'd like to get the maximum usage from the batteries before I have to trash them. Thank you for your assistance concerning this matter. coyote

coyote,
I've ran mine down without noticing any issues, except for when they get real low the unit gets squirrelly.
Run them on down to 1 bar and then be ready to change them out when it gets eratic.

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
coyote,
I've ran mine down without noticing any issues, except for when they get real low the unit gets squirrelly.
Run them on down to 1 bar and then be ready to change them out when it gets eratic.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike for taking the time to explain this. That helps this senior a lot & the battery status makes this easy to interpolate an what to expect at the low end.

If you run the detector with the batteries at one bar for a while, the detector does indeed get squirrelly somewhere below six volts - it goes into reduced power mode and will only detect a couple inches deep. It's happened to me a couple times.