Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 coils work on Omega?

liondogs

I have a F5 and I am thinking of getting a Teknetics Omega for my son. I was wondering if anyone knows if the coils for the F5 will work on the Omega? From what I have read the two machines are very similar and built off the same basic platform with the F5 being more adjustable and the Omega more automatic.

All depends on what frequency the omega the coil is. they both have to be the same not just the plug fitting where it goes into the unit. look you don't want burn up the unit. (STICK WITH THE COIL THAT COMES WITH THE OMEGA.
30YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TELLS ME THIS)

Both units operate at the same 7.8KHz frequency. The reason I ask is if they work it would save money in having to buy the 11" and 5" coils for the Omega. Both units come standard with a 10" coil that looks identical.

Thanks Dave for your answer. Looks like I will have to buy the three coil Omega package.