Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 gold ring test numbers wanted

Mr. Beard

I have had my F5 since March and can't seem to find any jewelry....pultabs, can slaw, foil and bottlecaps--but no gold. I have tried many totlots in different ethnic areas, soccerfields, baseball fields and numerous areas. Am I just in areas where they don't lose rings?? I can't believe that......

In the last 6 years I have dug ONLY-- 2 10K small rings read just below nickel on my other detector and 1 14K chain--nickel reading.And I dig loads of trash items in the lower range.

Can anyone who has found some rings, test them with their F series, and post gold content of the rings and the ID number for the rings????

Hi, I have found a few 14k gold rings which have IDs from 26 to 42 depending on the size. The ladies' rings tend to have and ID of 30 or less and mens' rings are 30-40. I have found most of my gold rings in places where there is very little aluminium trash so that I can dig EVERY 30ish ID. If the place is filled with pulltabs then I tend to give up with those gold IDs after a while and just notch up to 35 or so to get rid of the aluminium.

HH,

patti

Item, weight, karat..................TID
earring, large, .5g, 14k............... 20
pendant, .5g, 10k...................... 20
earring, small, .5g, 14K.............. 19-20
ring, diamond, .8g, 10k.............. 24
ring, .9g, 10k............................. 25
ring, elephant, 1.3g, 10k............ 25
ring, 2.5g, 10K.......................... 27-28
ring, engage, 1.4g, 10k.............. 27
ring, wide,2.2 g, 10k.................. 28
nickel........................................ 30-31
ring, mens 5.8 g, 10k................. 33-36
ring, woman, 2.5 g, 14k............. 32

Hope that helps.
Mike

Thank you for the ID numbers...hope I can get something good

Mr Beard,
Shoot me a PM, tell me where you live and I'll find you some gold ground. I'll take a look by satellite and tell you where to go hunt. We'll test my site reading skills with your detector.

If you want to.

HH
Mike

This is not an exact science, but here goes my f5 disc12-20 thresh +1 to -1 or 2 gain on my f5 can be run up to 95 most of the times an is stable like a rock. Now the hard part you must listen for good solid sounds I use either 3/4 tone mode no reason
I have gone months with any gold no big deal there's just none where I'm hunting. happens a lot.
When I start out I dig a hole 5-7 inches deep and guess what I put my 14k wedding band in it tied to a string of coarse, cover it up. (don't tell the wife about this) and set my F5 till I get the best results most of the time it reads 25-35 on the meter gold anything will give me a good solid sound. There's no fast rule, but if you are not sure DIG ANYWAY. I have been surprised many times. Just a quick note most of my gold finds are at the beach. An air test is not the same as an in the ground that's why I do this kind of test first. You can also use a nickle with the same results, if you find nickles you will find gold and silver if it is there. (40 years using only Fisher detectors)

I have almost given up on the tid and I listen more! Sounds oldschool but I've. Le3arned that the readout will LIE to me! It read nickle and I found aluminum, it read .22 brass and I dig mans ring? I know what I'm gonna say........listen for it and dig! I will dig500 pull tabs to get 1 piece of gold! Makes me cringe' when I. Think how many signals I swept over and mentally said "trash" and continued:( but I also learned to read where the major activety was and concentrate only on a small area, preferring to clean an area instead of rushing along to try and get the whole field and waste my limited time. You got this, you just got to dig a lot of bad signals to get the gold!

twoscoots said:
I have almost given up on the tid and I listen more! Sounds oldschool but I've. Le3arned that the readout will LIE to me! It read nickle and I found aluminum, it read .22 brass and I dig mans ring? I know what I'm gonna say........listen for it and dig! I will dig500 pull tabs to get 1 piece of gold! Makes me cringe' when I. Think how many signals I swept over and mentally said "trash" and continued:( but I also learned to read where the major activety was and concentrate only on a small area, preferring to clean an area instead of rushing along to try and get the whole field and waste my limited time. You got this, you just got to dig a lot of bad signals to get the gold!

I set my DISC between 14-19 and dig all the solid tone signals..even some that are solid one way and broken the 90 degrees. I get loads of foil pieces, full and broken pulltabs, and pop tops, bottlecaps and other junk.
Dug only 4 silver rings, 8 gold plated ( marked with "GE" --gold electroplate )rings and almost 7,000 clad coins so far this year. Got about 50 silver coins and about 125 wheats/Indian Head cents, and a few older nickels.

I search slow and grid small areas. Search totlots, grass areas, soccer fields, baseball fields, schoolyards, park areas, along fence lines where people sit watching the games.
I have been doing this for years and I guess I just miss getting the real gold items under my coil.:confused:

You sure are getting out and on targets, all that clad and silver and old coins, finds like this, I'd say you are in the top 3% of all dectorists! Let us all know what State/city you live in to help with an answer. Though gold is where you find it, there are some "sweet spots" in the locations you mentioned, just a simple look at Craigslist under "lost/found" can say a lot about where gold is lost...up here, West Michigan its usually beach/parking lot. We are just now moving into some good gold losing season, gloves are being worn, rings dropped in the parking lots end up in the snowpile locations along with all the other trash.
Anyway, with that much swinging, you SHOULD be finding more silver rings than you have, any pattern to where you found those? I'd take up Hillis' on his offer, sometimes a different set of eyes on an area that we go to all the time helps.
Mud

note: golds value has wrung a lot of it out of the public, and people are spending more time indoors, so has the game has changed to targeting very small locations where a gold wearing person may tread?