Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 ground balance knob

coin pirate

Seems this knob also has a detent, what's that for, unused future option??
Thanks in advance

Same switch that is used on the F75 which does something...on the F5 it will have no effect.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2263240,2263259#msg-2263259

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1031225,1031252

REVIER said:
Same switch that is used on the F75 which does something...on the F5 it will have no effect.

Revier,

My F75 had that push control knob on it and I couldn't get it to do anything. When I sent my machine in for upgrade it came back with that control change out with no more push and click.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
REVIER said:

Revier,

My F75 had that push control knob on it and I couldn't get it to do anything. When I sent my machine in for upgrade it came back with that control change out with no more push and click.

Ron in WV

Maybe just something Fisher throws in to please their fans. :spin:

Something about the pleasant click and the tactile feel of pushing that thing down, even if it does nothing.
The closest I come on my F70 is when I turn the power knob off or on...I like knobs, probably should have gotten an F5 instead of my F70.

As most past posts surmised Fisher probaly has a ton of these in stock so they use them.
That switch choice was, I assume, made for something they designed to do on some model and maybe did use somewhere, or decided not to take advantage of it or it could be used for some feature in the future...somewhere.

It would be nice if a ray gun sound came out of the speaker so you could push it and zap unwanted trash.
I had something similar mounted on my dashboard years ago to blast idiot drivers when they did dumb things while driving in front of me.
Didn't actually do a thing but it was supremely satisfying to pretend I was wiping out stupid people

Coin pirate, I may be missing something on your question about the ground balance knob but the purpose of that knob is so you can " manually" ground balance your machine instead of auto ground balance with the phase lock procedure. Not sure what you mean about detent.

Detent...the ground balance knob has the ability push like an additional function, it has a built in momentary switch you push in.
If I ever get brave enough to take mine apart someday, I may see if I can utilize that function of the switch to solder in a couple wires either to try and create my own back-light, or LED headlight

WV62 said:
REVIER said:

Revier,

Ron in WV
On my F75 that detent gives me quick access to the last menu setting I was in and another push on it once I have made any changes puts it back in detect mode. I can keep the detector set up to do a quick change on what process I am using or more common if I am hunting in a varying high to low emi area I can change the sensitivity in literally seconds and not skip a beat.

When I got my F5 I kept pushing on that knob and I thought the machine was broken since nothing happened. I wrote to First Texas and sure enough, it does nothing.
It could make a nice switch for a back light...