Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 question

Mr. Beard

For those who have used the Fisher F5, I saw a tube video on the F5 and the guy was saying that his F75 sounded off the same on bottlecaps as it did on quarters. But the F5 in the 4 tone setting had the quarters in the high tone and bottlecaps the mid tone.
Is this correct???
I have experienced many quarter signals and dug a bottlecap with some detectors.
Are the F5 tones different on the quarter and the quarter range--bottlecap ??

Most times I get a mid tone on bottle caps too, but once in a while I get them at a high tone(especially beer bottle screw caps). It just depends on the composition of metal they are made from. Quarters are consistently in the high tone on my F5, @80-82 in mild ground.

Sqwaby,

I sent you a PM

It all depends on how deep these tabs and caps are and how long the have been in the ground. Sometimes my F5 just passes over them and sometimes it will ring high. Oh maybe someone will come up with a detector that will find gold and silver only.

I find crown type bottlecaps to almost always ID jumpier than quarters, but I dig 'em anyway. Usually they hit high tone with my F5.

Quarters for me in my moderate ground hit higher than for squaby. And silver higher than clad. 78-81 is the most common silver rosie range for me.