Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 static on the beach

crusher28

Well I decided to take the F5 out to the beach tonight after the thunder Storm. Could not get the static out of it, tried gain, thresh, tones gb. Went back to the car and started to go home, turned the radio on and guess what static in it.
I remembered what my buddy told me who works at Busch Gardens said , they close down all rides when their radar picks up T.S 30 miles from the park to much electric in the air. (Lighting). Went back to the beach an hour later and it worked find.
I guess the coil acts like an antenna and picks it up. What do you think????????

Interesting observation. I have not been out with my new F5 much yet. Earth here is bone dry, finally supposed to (maybe) get some rain this week. I will have to keep this in mind if I go out after a soon after a storm is in area.

crusher28 said:
Well I decided to take the F5 out to the beach tonight after the thunder Storm. Could not get the static out of it, tried gain, thresh, tones gb. Went back to the car and started to go home, turned the radio on and guess what static in it.
I remembered what my buddy told me who works at Busch Gardens said , they close down all rides when their radar picks up T.S 30 miles from the park to much electric in the air. (Lighting). Went back to the beach an hour later and it worked find.
I guess the coil acts like an antenna and picks it up. What do you think????????

Yep.

--Dave J.

We are always ready to blame our detectors for everything. But after 40 years of detecting I noticed that the older detectors have a much heavier coil wire, which leads me to believe that they are shielded better.
Most of my hunting is done on lake beaches and it will detect a quarter or gold ring down to 8" in the sand. Here in central Va. the ground is mostly HARD CLAY it will detect down to about the same depth, buy you need a pic axe to dig with,
Been using fisher detectors for 30 years, and always liked the tones it makes on different objects. Remember some parks, ball fields ect. will be better the others.
My settings are about disc, 10-15 gain around 55-65 thresh -2 to +2

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't a detector in bare simple terms a radio station and a receiving radio all in one small package?