Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 versus Omega 8000

Lem

In all my research, I cant find the major differences between the Omega and the F5, other than price.
The f5 appears to have more features, or an easier interface when dealing with ground phase. They both operate at
the same frequency. Yet people claim, the omega kills on coins, and others claim the f5 is great on coins but lacks
depth. From what I read, depth seems about the same.

Appreciate your help in understanding the two machines.

I like the F5 better just because of the adjustable threshold. The F5 is no slouch on depth either.

Comparing the F5 and the Omega 8000:

The Omegas physical rod/housing design is better than the F5. Its lighter, slimmer and better balanced and pistol grip handles are nice. Using a single 9v battery was a smart move as no springs to deal with and weigh in is less than 4 AAs. Im curious as to how much empty space is inside the F5 housing. Im not a big fan of the F5 coil connector style but will admit that I havent had any issues with it on the F5 like I did with the F2. The upper rod is longer on the Omega which meant that I didnt have to move the armrest back. Moving the armrest on the F5 was a pain because it involved removing the tubing end plug which took a great deal of time as it was glued in pretty well. The F5 armrest cannot be reassembled around that end plug.

The headphone connections are on the side of the Omega's housing. However the Omega has a external plug design on the

Just want to clarify.....I said the "I like the F5 better just because of the adjustable threshold. The F5 is no slouch on depth either."

The rest of the article was by Mike Hills..........;o)

:clapping: Thank you for such a detailed response, I always had an internal gut feeling of preference for the f5. The difference in features appeared very
close to me. I'm not a guru on detector features or models, and I sincerely appreciate your time with this information. Thanks again.

Bill S thanks for posting this be it from you or Mike i just learned more about my new F5 reading this than i would have learned in several months on my own.
The comparison of the two really brings out answers to questions that i may have never know.
Thanks to both of you.
Foreign Object

It is an excellent article......He goes into things I would have never even thought of......;o)

Excellent info from above posts and imagine arguments can be had either way and feel it comes down to personal preference as they are similiar units..

Having used both I still have the F5 and like the combo of knobs and push buttons and from my standards F5 is just a better built unit but again many may prefer the Omega and your call....

I'm still hanging around. The end of the year gets a bit busy and it sometimes gets hard to post. I think I still have two PM's I still need to reply to, too, if they haven't given up on me.

Everytime someone asks me about F5 depth capabilities I point them to Bill S's videos. They say more than I could put into a post. Thanks for doing those, by the way, Bill :thumbup:

I should probably clarify that the operating manual has been corrected and that the coil connector style has been changed to the threaded nut type.

HH
Mike

Thanks for the great writeup Mike........It helped me a lot also. I will try to get out and do some more videos with the F5 but the weather is starting to get worse here so it may be a while. I got the ultimate coil for it so I should really be able to pull some deep ones.....;o)

Here is one: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1786755,1786755#msg-1786755

Here is the other: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1789056,1789056#msg-1789056

HH
Mike

I believe these are what your looking for. The video is at the top/beginning of of each thread.

Pull up a chair and enjoy. :clapping: :fisher:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1786755,1787803#msg-1787803

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1789056,1789477#msg-1789477