Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 vs anything.......

AndyNM

The F5 just hit the market and the Question is : How good is it compared to other detectors ?

Here are some thoughts on that.

The question can't be : Is it deeper than the Fisher F70 or F75 ? Well....... it is not and that's why the F5 cost less.

The question is : Can you buy a better detector for $499 than the F5 ?

Well can you find another brand detector for $499 that has the depth, the features, less weight and is as easy to use ?
I won't answer that here for you, but wish good luck to the person who wants to find a better detector for the money.

From what I've seen the F5 runs circles around some other brand detectors that cost way more money.

Andy,NM

Looking for some input on the F70 which seems sparse on the net..Certainly a powerful beast, but using its power and keeping it stable is another aspect...

I wonder if the F5 and lower freq makes this hit better on silver and small coins then the F75, the F75 seems to be a bit jumpy? And did Fisher say they were going to make a DD, that might make a difference and how about the small coil? I would not get the F70 since I have the F75 but a machine to bring with me with a different Freq to go over the area again may not be a bad idea? Your thoughts....I read it is not as deep did you try turf hunting and as far a relic hunting how does it hit copper and brass. Have you done a side by side?

I think everyone is moveing back up the ladder on the freq. as they design new stuff. Things started out at around 100MHz then went the opposite direction down to like 4-5Mhz andnow are slowly walking back up the freq. range with a lot of the newer stuff being in the 10-18Mhz range for general use and 17-100Mhz for Gold Nugget hunting. In general I think in the next 5 years or so you will see a shift to full or broad spectrum machines even in the $200 range. Kind of like Minelab SE and Whites DFX probably more like Whites in that they will probably pick 2 freq.'s at opposites ends and just alternate them. It is cheaper then how MineLab does it and will create close tot he same effect. I also think that pulse induction will become more and more used and the price will come down. In fact I am hopeing that inthe future you will see VLF/TR and PI built into one unit with a switch on the controls to select which one you want. It is funny because what was old is new again the old Compass Judge model operated at 100Mhz and had manual ground ballance and such and was considered a great nuget hunter! What we are seeing is that these higher freq.'s are comeing back in fashion. I saw a refurbished Compass Judge on Ebay for $100 the other day and it looked like it was brand new! The add said the electronics had been completely over hauled and restored.

I would ask how anyone would be able to say which is the best detector for $499? First the prices are all over the place for every brand out their except Tesoro which seems to tightly control their priceing with their dealerships so their are a lot of detectors that are in thr $499 arena. Second since their is no such thing as an industry standard test plot their is no way to have a standardized testing of detectors. Third since each detector is biased out of the box for one of many forms of hunting you have to adjust them specificly to your conditions to maximize the performance. So unless each detector is adjusted to the current conditons you again have major variables. Then you have peoples different desires. Personaly I hate the look of the most modern all digital targit ID detectors. The Teknetics,F70,F75,Ace250,MPX and all those that look like them are so ugly that they are actualy repulsive to me. that would not stop me from buying one if I thought I wanted one or they offered me something I needed but they would be my last choice. I like the looks of the Tesore's,Whites 5000-6000 series, The Fisher 1200 series, Mine Lab's older designs etc..........In my opinion most of these small compact all digital detectors look like cheap kids toys because they use such nasty cheap LCD displays. I have membrane switch's and thing they feel really cheap as well. I like togle switch's and knobs. So while I would be happy for anyone that got any new detector they had been wanting I personal would not want most of what is new and hot on the market right now!

I also would have to wounder what $500 detector would not do most of what anyone would need from coin shooting to relic hunting to some limited gold hunting. Seriously some people seem to think that $500 is cheap but in my mind that is about the point I think they should all start to get close in terms of performance. One should not have to spend $1000 to get a good machine. In fact for a anything less then deep scanning braod spectrum pulse inductuion type machine $500 is my personal limit! Anythingmore then $500 and I need to be looking at something that can scan at least 3-10 meters deep.

Also I have noticed that a lot of these new high tech all digital machines seem to be haveing a lot of issues with electromagnetic field and interference. Not enough shielding for the elctronics. Also outside of great dpeth,great discrimanation with true notch filtering and a great ground ballance circuit that can be set automaticly or manual what do all these other bells and whistles really do for you?

Dog gone this must be the right place to come for hype. Deeper than my X5 i doubt it! I'm lookin for a id machine but this F-5 sure look like the same box as the radio shacks had. Tell me this aint true. That bounty hunter aint just paintin ol rat shack boxes black and puttin fisher stickers on them? i knew they was just buyin the fisher name and i seen a picture a fella posted that had a grey plug on the bottom? Radio shack left overs?
Dave

If you need more info on the most recent history of the Fisher company, you're more than welcome to contact us and ask us some questions. For future reference to any other Bounty Hunter superiority over Fisher, there is none. Bounty Hunter does not own Fisher. First Texas Products owns Fisher, Bounty Hunter and Night Owl Optics. We're like "subdivisions" so to speak. Each company has their own lines of production, designers, engineers, customer service and still manage business under their own individual names. Even if products look alike, their guts are what make the true difference. They are what make the machines "function."

Fisher Labs Customer Service
1-800-685-5050
1-915-225-0333