Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5

Hi I am in the market for a new detector and am considering purchasing an F5. I've never owned a Fishers, I currently have a MXT and a Vaquero. Can any one give me some pros and cons about the F5. Thanks Ken

Here is one review..................

http://www.detectorstuff.com/readarticle.php?article_id=39

I too am interested in the F5. Never detected but from what I've read and the couple videos out there it seems like a good unit to start with without a huge learning curve. Any one using an F5 with their thoughts on the unit would be a great help.
Thanks,
AIRDON

Just purchased the Fisher F5 based on Mark Ellington's excellent review. (Detectorstuff.com) First time out and Never used a metal detector before..... $4.31 in change an earring the first half hour on the beach. Was following behind another detectorist and getting numerous hits (pennies & dimes) on the area she just scanned....Beginners luck? NO...Just an Outstanding detector which I took the time to study and practice with (In my back yard) before going out into the real world. Needless to say I am very satisfied with this detector and hats off to the talented engineers at Fisher Labs for a job well done! Mark's F5 review is right on target. Can't wait to get back to the beach. Thanks Mark!
Thought I send a photo. I know finding $4.31 in change in a half hour is quick but people hopping over the rail from the snack bar who were too lazy to walk to the beach entrance proved to be a great spot. They lost a lot of change! Did pretty well at the volleyball courts I waited until everyone left and I got busy. They also lost a lot of change. Well I'm hooked and I got the fever! Can't wait to get to the beach again! Love my Fisher F5! As a beginner I had no problems using the F5. I would highly recommend this detector. The photo below is what I found 2 times out using the Fisher F5. Good luck and happy hunting whatever detector you choose Airdon & Ken.

how deep does it go on coin size objects,are there any other size coils for the F-5,andhave there been any problems with the detector.