Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5

Percy

Purchased a used F5 with the 10 inch coil and I believe I'm going to like this
unit. Reminds me of the Troy X3 that I once had plus it has ground balance
and a target id. Like the tones also. Probably will grab a 11 dd coil down the
road. Suits me better than the Omega 8500 that was my most recent trial.

Percy, that f5 is the same model I have. Now going on 2 1/2 years with this machine and really haven't had any problems, you'll love the battery life, it will go between 40 and50 hours on a set of batteries.
I've only got one coil and it's the 11" DD which in my opinion is the best one for the f5 although it would be nice to have a small 5" coil for some tight areas. Here in WV with average soil conditions I've been able to get down to the 7" range in depth.
The 4 tones are also a nice option that comes in handy when your coin shooting for deep coins.

Thanks for your reply....I think I read that you bought your F5 from your brother and
he talks about how well you do with it. WV probably has about the same ground as
Va. I'll stay in touch !

That's right, I did buy it from my brother. I paid 350$ for the machine and it came with two coils and he helped me sell the one coil for 85$ and I had a start up bouny hunter defector that he also sold for me for 100$. That's a net 165$ for the f5, he just about gave it to me, we have some really good times detecting together which is priceless. Keep in touch on your finds Percy and if you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

Just curious: What did you not like about the 8500 ?

Whatever you do, don't sell the stock coil. It complements the 11 DD but has a few magic tricks of its own.