Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 and airplanes

fjs440

I want to take my F70 to Nassau next month. If I put the whole top section into my carry on, the airlines may not like it. Having watched watching them load luggage onto planes makes me nervous. Does the head and battery parts come off the frame easily? What about the connection between those two sections? I would like to put those two pieces in my carry on.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Find a lockable hard case, or pack it in a box just like you were going to ship it in the mail.

Ron in WV

I decided that taking apart the pieces of the top shaft of the F70 is not a good thing unless I have to. (Only because I do not know how the battery wiring is connected to the computer section. A simple pull-out clip would make me happy, but I am not going to tear apart the F70 to find out.) If somebody has taken it apart, please let me know. I would like to take the F70. A pull-able connector means the F70 is going on a plane trip.

The top shaft will not fit into my carry-on, so that means I would have to put it into the luggage they throw around loading the plane. The throwing around and having no idea how much they are loading on top of it does not add up to a good thing.

Buying an additional hard case and the extra cost of sending the case both ways makes no sense, since I may not even get out to the sand beach at the Bahamas. I have little control at the conferences I am speaking at. They seem to keep adding things to my schedule, but I do make them pay for it. :clapping:

I guess I will pack my trusty little F2. It breaks into little pieces and I have had a lot of luck with that little “feller.” By the way, my wife thinks I am nuts. I am going on eighty and she thinks I should be lying on the beach. I prefer walking a beach. :detecting: I also think my adult beverages are starting to get to me, so it is time to quit.

Happy hunting folks.
Fjs440

Have a great 2017

Fisher F70 w/Fisher 11” DD and NEL Snake Coil
Fisher 1280-X w/8” Coil
Fisher F2 w/4”, 8” and NEL Hunter Coil
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

Good luck with the F2! I hope you find something really cool to show us when you get back..... maybe a nice fat gold bracelet :thumbup: or a big ring. At any rate, you will have a lot more fun on the beach with your detector :detecting: than you would sipping on something not so good for you, and getting NO exercise. Relax and enjoy!!

Something to think about is that most rental places have metal detectors for rent. This detector may or may not be one you would be familiar with but would still be a better option than tearing the F2 into pieces and worrying about how it is being treated. Just call some of the rental places where you are going to visit. You may even have a metal detector business where you are going and if so, give them a call. They might rent one out.