Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 best tones for coinshooting

pescadore

I am getting a new to me F70 and anxious to do a little pre-learning about this detector. I am primarily a coinshooter and hunt parks, playgrounds, old homesteads and old property. I was curious what tones would be best for coinshooting. I was thinking I will like 4H but was wanting some opinions of experienced users of this machine. I will have the 11"DD, 10" elliptical concentric, and 5" coils.

I used 4H for months after I got mine because it was similar to the F2 I moved up from.
Hunting parks for coins and jewelry I didn't have to look at the screen, I could just listen closely for decent tones.
I always could find nickels but that high nickel tone helped me find more than ever before...not to mention a big gold ring hiding in heavy trash on only my 4th hunt with the thing thanks to that high 4H tone.
Nowadays I use DP more in the same situation and others depending on the site and conditions but using 4H is still a great way to do it.

F70/F75, the same. (I swing the latter) For me, it depends somewhat on the site. If I am hunting really old ground I use 4H mostly, unless heavily trashed. In heavy trash or in not so old ground I run 3H tones. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
F70/F75, the same. (I swing the latter) For me, it depends somewhat on the site. If I am hunting really old ground I use 4H mostly, unless heavily trashed. In heavy trash or in not so old ground I run 3H tones. HH jim tn

Thanks, Looked like 4H would suit me best but just wanted some input.