Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 chatter cant stop.

If it has this feature, try a factory reset maybe.

I see you are a new member, I was too once. Chatter could be EMI, you’re not saying if outside so assume you are. Does it do this all the time now? Lower sensitivity setting and should reduce. Otherwise move to a different area and try. Last but not least, try new quality grade batteries…….

I got out the other day and ended up using sensitivity and threshold and that worked not sure how much depth I am losing but at least its a start. Thanks to all who helped.

I sent the link of your post to my brother who has a F70, his forum name is MarkCz. Hope he can help.
Ron in WV

F70 chatter cant stop.
It sound HOT! is this also in full sun?
Solar energy can mess with detectors a good bit especially if your running higher more sensitive setting (Hot Setting)
You didn't mention what settings your running?
Remember, you can only run the setting as high as you can control the detector.
Different conditions will demand different settings.
Try, a minus -3 on the threshold & maybe a 70 on the sensitivity.
Your max setting will be the point where you have a hint of chatter but good audio reports on targets.
In some areas where there is a LOT of interference sometimes a smaller coil will help, smaller means a smaller antenna.
Try the same area say in the morning before its so hot and see if that helps.
On many occasions I've started out in the morning with really HOT setting to find that by Noon, I had to back them off some.
You can't always run +2 Threshold & 90 sensitivity. The ground in the very early morning has less solar charge which less effects the detector.
Some here will argue that point I'm sure, but years ago I used to Night Hunt, I could run WIDE OPEN settings! it really help if the ground is just a tad damp.
I've been out hunting on really hot full sunny days and I've lost total control of the detector, I had to pack it up and go home.

Very good advice! Running too much sensitivity does not make the detector deeper. It causes too much distortion.

F70 chatter cant stop.
It should be mentioned that one thing a bad coil can do is uncontrollable chatter, but you never go there 1st for noisy problems.
By The Way,
Welcome to the forum.