Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 = "da HEAT!" :detecting:

Mark in NC

Whew! The more I've been swinging this new F70 the more I'm blown away by the power contained in this ultra-light package! I've been using the F75 as my main go-to machine, but I gotta tell you...the F70 throws some serious radio waves into the ground! (I have this mental image of earthworms running in terror when I fire it up!) With the cool new elliptical, concentric coil it's impressive...and still gets great target separation. However, if you have an F75, plug that big 11" DD coil onto the 70 ...watch out! It is DEEP! The F70 (and the F75 when you attach the concentric) almost takes on totally different operating characteristics depending upon which coil you use.

I've stated this before, and stand by it... (in my central North Carolina kinda dirt) the F70 is even deeper than the already super deep F75...When I first got it and checked it out in my target test garden, I never expected what I saw! I honestly thought to myself..."Okay...the F70 is a lower priced, toned down version of the F75" Well, I was only partially right. The price is toned down, but the power is NOT! This machine seems custom designed for seeking out those deep old coins. The raw power combined with the great threshold control system give me a ton of flexibility to hunt sites that have normally caused me problems. (The "Threshold" control actually quieted down an electric cattle fence at around -3, and seems to knock out sensitivity to smaller conductors without having a huge impact on coin sized target depth detected in (my) ground).

Combine this muscle with the outstanding weight and balance and I'm loving this detector! I've seen folks complaining about "build quality", but how the heck are you supposed to make a detector super light and all-day-usable (I ain't as young and spry as I used to be! :) ) without reinventing the package? I've had a "new" Fisher made F4 for almost a year now. It is my "Truck tool box" detector...one I have with me at all times in case I run across a nice spot that needs some detector attention. I've NOT been nice to the F4! I've dropped it, subjected it to the elements (I've left the poor rascal sealed up in the truck on NC Summer days, left it out in NC single digit winter cold, hunted with it in the rain, etc.) All this abuse, and it is still working as great as it did on day 1! A little uglier now, but operationally, ZERO problems!

I'm saying all this as a fan of the "old" Fisher who was as worried as anyone else when I heard they were bought by a different company. My "worry" turned to excitement however when I heard that the legendary Dave Johnson was going to be designing the "new" Fisher stuff! Mr. Johnson has the strongest desire of anyone I've ever seen to do new and exciting things with the metal detecting hobby! He has made it a mission to attack poor user interfaces and bad ergonomics...as is apparent in the brilliantly simple menus and options on the F75 and F70. Everything you need is there and EASY to get to.

In any case, sorry for the long-windedness, but this F70 and the cool line-up of "new" Fisher machines has me excited! :)

HH'n

I remember when I felt I was going out on a limb taking the F70 out to that new cellar hole we found to go up against my buddy & his T2 (who had smoked me the day we discovered the site) Instead, like the video showed.....the F70 did the butt kicking that day with an 1802 large cent, a fugio, a shoe buckle & several buttons. I think that coil really helps gettting depth, & I enjoy running it on the F75 too....
HH,
Bill

what do you think of the f2"..seems to be a genuine "sleeper!"

thanks!
(h.h!)
j.t.