Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 F75 F75 special

Looking at getting a Fisher and here is where I am

I will be hunting primarily the high plains of CO hunting old farmsteads or rural school sites. Might hunt and old fort location or battleground site. Will also hunt parks and rest areas.

So of the three Fishers listed in the subject line what are the differences? Why is one better than the others. Looking for depth I generally dig when I hear a tone. My impression is the F70 just lacks bells & whistles. Not sure about the special addition

A screen would be nice but not mandatory

IMO, all three are very good machines! The F75 Ltd (black shaft) is the top dog of the F series.

Until recently, I considered the current F75 standard (gold shaft) as the best value at it's currently reduced price of about $500. It has all the latest upgrades to the F75 including DST, minus the Boost and Cache processes, that give a bit more depth.

I now consider the F75 Ltd (black shaft) to hold my "best value" title since it's recent price reduction to the $700 range. Now for a couple hundred dollars more, you get everything the current F75 standard has, PLUS, Boost and Cache processes, PLUS, an included 5" coil, along with the standard 11". Great Value!

Since you are not familiar with them, rather than try to explain all their features, your best bet would be to go to one of the Forum sponsor dealer sites and read about them. You can look at the full user manual and get an understanding of how they operate. Once you have a basic knowledge of them, you can come back with specific questions on their functions.

Okay, could this be a clue to something other than what you listed?

kansas jayhawks said:
Looking for depth I generally dig when I hear a tone.

If your going to dig based on hearing a good tone then getting one of the machines you listed could lead towards metered dependency and that can leave a LOT of good targets in the ground?

Mark

I would get a F75 with DST. You will not be disappointed. I traded my V3i for a new F75ltd2 a couple years ago. No regrets. Rural type hunting the F75 is like at home in that places. I have never used the F70 but what I have read it still does not compare to the F75. I have yet to find a deeper detector than the F75.

nalc472 have you tested it against a T2 ltd for depth. I have one (a t2) just wondering if you have tried it against the f75 ltd? I have always wanted a f75 ltd to try. Heard good things about them. And they hold your last settings. My T2ltd is the deepest detector i have ever owned, just wandering if the f75ltd was deeper. I called the factory and they said they though the f75 was a tad deeper. Just wandering, thanks

The F70 is comparable to an F75 without boost process in terms of depth. It has a SLow mode, which is similar to the boost process on and F75SE/LTD. But it's not quite as deep as an F75SE/LTD. It's a good machine though.

The F75LTD2 with DST is amazing in my opinion due to the fact that it really cuts down on the EMI chatter that I get with my F70, and I can usually crank the F75LTD2 up to 99 sensitivity whereas I can't find many places to do that with the F70 because I can't take all the machine running sound from EMI.

Not sure about the T2 Classic but I've sure been hearing lots of good things about it from some experts.