Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70/F75 on Iron

CladDog

I know the older CZ series often gives a false high tone to some iron.

Does that carry over to the F70/F75 series as well?

For me I will say yes, I still have some iron problems.

Ron in WV

Yes, I'm with WV on this...and its more pronounced when a guy really WANTS to hear silver..:rofl:

Most times, if a guy hops coil right on top of the signal, silver targets stays crisp and tight and silver, and iron (like crown caps) drops into iron...only foolers are multidenom stacks, larger pieces of nonferrous, or a tight masked coin with a nail in with it...I got a penny in the same hole with a rusted iron spoon today...its not silver of course, But I was impressed with the F's ability in trash again...
Mud

Yes..... But you can massage out grunts at different angles if it's iron. If it's non-ferrous it will stay true, for the most part.

Never had a Cz but I get fooled sometimes on big deep buried iron if the soil is very wet but also got fooled with my MXT also. I think when your in boost mode on the F75 ltd the signal is magnified and is detected further higher off the ground compared to regular detector and for me it makes it harder to distinguish the signal . such as a large cent close to the surface. Thats my opinion and thats my experience Ezra.

High sens low disc settings will cause initial sweep falsing but when sweep direction is changed or coil is backed off target center it will grunt if you're hunting in say pf. Or je switch to boost or cl watch what happens!!!!grunt grunt. OK. Steveo. Has it figured out.I personally hunt in pf or je depending on conditions some places I hunt I hunt in pf sens 80-85 disc 4. If deep iron is an issue I run disc up to 21 still get gold but iron falsing drops right off no need to change sweep direction. OK. HH to all. C t. The boost or cl check method is a great way to check! Ps with fringe good signals switching to boost will give you the green light to dig. After digging 20-30 nails square type or old rusty coach or tractor parts or even those pesky light bulb bases you will learn the difference old age a bad knee and an achy back taught me to listen and try different sound modes three tone in parks 2f or 1 monotone on farms iron very rarely fools me now!!

Iron has rust and that is what gives the high tones. With the elliptical coil the rust tones are like Mud has stated, soft and non distinct and many times a big fart thrown in:).