Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f70 falsing on ant colonies?

Trailduster

Anyone ever come to the conclusion the f70 falses on ant colonies?

Today was not the first day this has happened but it happened twice in a somewhat dry school yard today. And both times it was a jumpy dime signal. Both times I dug my plug, nosed around with the Garrett PP, then had to cut off outer walls of the plug to expand thinking maybe I PP'd with the f70 wrong, go at it again with the Garrett and.....nothing, not even a whisper.

Did the UFO hover in case it was big iron bleeding through. Nope.

But sure a poo, both plugs where the f70 was certain there was a coin there was a egg filled ant colony dead center where the f70 grabbed the coin and at the depth the VDI said the coin was.

I've blown it off before on other hunts in other places, but this time is really got me thinking.

No, can't say that I have ever noticed that, but I run my F70 very chatty with no disc. in delta tones.
With all the low tones I guess the last thing I would have noticed were the ant colonies.
Sure hope it's just a coincidence since I wouldn't know how to go about discriminating ant hills:shrug:

re: discriminating ant hills.:rofl:

They were not typical hills though. You wouldn't even know they were there till you dug them up.

It has always been the same signal too. Whether it was yesterday or other days in different locations around here. Kind of like a jumpy copper penny where the machine goes from high 60's to mid 70's. Plus I noticed every time, the confidence meter wasn't lit up more than 1 or 2 bars.

When I'm coin shooting with limited time I run full disc up to 65. 99 Sense. The highest thresh I can one number bellow where it starts to chatter. So I can hit as much Q, D, and copper P signals as possible given the hour or so I have to myself. My soil is pretty good here in NY so I can run her as hot as I want most times.

Dang it TD! I've been thinking about this all day! I don't run as hot as you do, so I'll probably never experience this phenomenon, but if I ever do, I'll think about your post...I did watch a special on TV about how geologist guys looking for Gold in Africa, take the dirt from the termite mounds to check for color, I guess the termites tunnel down so deep, they sometimes hit a vein of paydirt and haul it on out. Weird..
Mud

Maybe those hard ,little bodies contain a lot of iron ? Or a lot of them have had hip replacements or wear a lot of bling .

Has to be some sort of large structure the colonies are drawn to that the 70 is falsing on. Try setting your autotone program
up to the same sensitivity and threshold your using in discrimination mode. Many times autotones will sort the false signal source
and give you an iron number instead. Maybe the ants have a fixation for rusty scabby pennies:laugh:

whats happening is the ants antennas mess with the signal and cause a false, but the detector also distroys thear antenna s abilityto communicate, so think of how you are hurting them and not the other way around JUST KIDDING , sho knows