Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 lower rod washers

diggin4relics

I looked in my stuff this morning and found some rubber washers that I believe came out of and old Tesoro lower rod
and put them in my F70 lower rod. They seem to be just a little thicker than most. It works so much better now. Before you really had to crank down on the bolt and nut but not now. I'll sure leave them in there. Before the coil would move so easily but not now. When I would set it down do dig the coil would always get out of position but not now. Just an idea you might want to try.

Mike

Mike,

Good idea ! I dont care for the coil flop either however the units performs so well, I kinda forgave the floppy coil. If I ever change out the coil, I will check my stash for washers too.

Thanks for the tip.

Just a thought, perhaps, only ONE washer would help matters too? This may prevent undue stress on the coil mounting ears should the washers be a hair too fat. Id rather have a floppy coil than a broken coil.

Tony

Tony, the washers I used were just right. They slid right in and weren't too tight. I guess I just got lucky and found some that worked. It will still move fairly easy just not like it did.

Mike