Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 Questions

Dude

Was wondering how well the F70 ID's targets with the 11" DD coil? Can it tell the difference between a bottle cap and quarter and how well does it lock onto nickels? Also how well does it disc out iron?

The reason I ask is I own the F2 (great machine by the way) and with the DD coil on it, nickels and can be a little elusive and bottle caps can be a dead ringer for a quarter.

Hey Dude,
Yes you can very easily tell a bottlecap from a Q with the F70 and the 11"dd...as far as Nickles, it hits them hard to about 3" then the TID seems to soften up down into the upper 20's instead of the solid 32 they usually give, still, a fellow can pull them out of damp soil even with the low sens 5" or a little more in the wet woodchips. I generally run low sens,50ish and DP tones. I might someday try 3H or 4H tones as then the nickles are high tone I believe, but still, if a guy concentrates, the nickle tones "pop" over the higher pulltab tones. Back to the bottlecaps for a minute, the flattened ones will give a Q signal, but it is really a small target one, almost like a dime would give, and not good and solid, unless you hover the coil and gently wiggle it tight, and really want to believe its a Q. I'll go after them every once in a while since sometimes its a Q stacked with a zinc which sounds the same as a bottlecap. As far as iron, it will disc it or notch it out to my satisfaction. I run a low disc, 1... I dont mind hearing bobbypins or nails or paperclips...i hunt some really bottlecappy places and pick the Q's and D's right out of the mess...I THINK the low sens is the key, but cannot say for sure. I should pay more attention to what this machine is capable of, but really I'm very happy with it for what I do, I hope I am not misleading you or anyone else, I do have thousands of hours running this thing, so maybe its just a matter of ear sensitivity training? :rofl: Maybe somebody else will pipe in with their experiences.
Mud

I just got a F 70 with DD and have the F 2 DD, I've' only had it out once but it hits nickels hard, Don't have enough time yet to tell you about bottle caps but anything over 90 usually was on my first hunt but a few multiple quarters did hit that high. The F70 is a great machine and just a real pleasure to run. My F2 is also. I had a Vaquero, Golden and a X-terra 505 and got rid of them in just days. These Fisher F series to me are the best thing since sliced bread. I will keep my El Dorado but don't really know why.
It's like I started this hobby all over again, the finds and the fun have increased that much. Iv' e been digging since the early 90's
Also I got both my Fishers from Big Boys Hobbies, great price and service.