Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 refuses to GB

willy

I picked up a used F70 a little while ago and just recently got to test it out (rear end blew in my truck and kept me occupied for a bit). Tried it up in the Okanagan before taking off back to Abbotsford and noticed that it would just read 99 when GB'ing and never DID GB. Thought I'd figure it out when I got home. Well, got home and... same damned thing! I even did a reset of the detector with no joy. Doesn't matter what the settings are or where I'm swinging it, still 99. The coil connector is tight sooo.. anybody know? ..Willy.

Nope, no answer. My F70 does GB very well. Needs very little good ground to grab a number too. If it doesn't pop off the 90 right away I take a few steps and it locks in a number fairly quickly.

Are you digging good targets and getting good id reads with it as is?

i had the same problem once it worked out there was to much metal in the ground for it to gb find another piece of land and give it another go.

Did some more testing today and no dice ..what a POS this F70 is turning out to be. It won't GB (goes quiet when nearing the ground and starts sounding off when the coil is swept) even with the sensitivity down to 1. Yup, you're reading it right.. 1. This is over the same ground that an F75 or my MXT or a whole slew of detectors have NO PROBLEM with. Man, I'm ticked. ..Willy.

Haven't seen anything like that. Might try full disassembly and reassembly, and change the batteries.

I hunted a site today that is a chatter station, can't get sense above 40 even with thresh-9. But then again my pals C$ won't work there, neither will the ML's or Whites and the quietest rig I've used there was my CZ20 with sense at 5. But that site is the rare exception for my F70, which can usually run pretty hot!

Do your GB in all metal (AT) and set your HZ at F7. For some reason my F70 GB's so much better if I am in Auto Tune and the HZ between F4 and F7. You can use either program 1 or 2 as long as you set your disc on AT. Make sure there in no iron in the ground or wet salt, let us know if you get the problem fixed. Good luck. John

Well, that seems to work over here. Don't know if it would have worked at the other place, but no matter. Unfortunately, the frequency setting reverts back to the default "3" when the detector is turned off & on. The ground here reads at 91 on the F70. ..Willy.