Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 sees the light

Larbear2

Stream light Protac2-AA Professional Tactical Ten Tap Programmable flashlight. Found in a large field that has seen soccer tournaments in the past, not so much lately. Got my coil over a wildly fluctuating VDI, lots of 70 numbers if I slowed my sweep speed down. Had no idea what I might be over, too large of a footprint to be a coin, possible long drawn out coin spill ?

Dug it because I was curious and depth meter showed shallow. Barely under the dirt and grass, not visible to the naked eye before I started digging. I brought it up and said to myself, “ I’m going to laugh if it still works”. It did ! Goes for $38.64 on Amazon, good reviews, so if you’re looking for a good flashlight, check it out on Amazon.

Other items in pic, silver ring found on same day as flashlight, others found on previous hunts. VFW pin is tiny, but very colorful and has nice detail but you need a magnifying glass to see it clearly. The day I found the buff nickel, I ended up with 34 nickels for that hunt. Not sure, but I think that is probably the most nickels I have found in one hunt. The F70 is good on nickels, but you will dig the other stuff too, pencil erasers, beaver tails, foil, etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 175
Looks like that machine is working for you.
I just picked up the f70 5x10 concentric coil and am liking it on the f75. It’s a Very nice park/ trash coil.

Looks like that machine is working for you.
I just picked up the f70 5x10 concentric coil and am liking it on the f75. It’s a Very nice park/ trash coil.
Thanks thump7, I have had the 8 1/2 by 11 inch coil on my F70 all spring. Lately been thinking that maybe it is time to put on the 5 inch and run it for awhile. Those are the only coils I have for my F70. I bet the 5x10 does work good in the trash. How is depth compared to the 11 inch coil ?

I don't find the 10" concentric on my F 75 to be deeper then the 11" DD, but it is pretty near equal. Enjoy using it and particularly in bottle cap infested parks. HH jim tn

Sweet and a fun find. I for some reason can't find a buff. I don't find a lot of nickles to begin with. Don't know why. I've had this conversation with Jim before. Maybe targeting those higher tones to much? Any way nice job!!! hhrickinm

I haven’t used it a whole lot but to me the stock DD does seem a tad little deeper, especially on the toe/ heel of coil compared to the concentric.
Jim summed up my reason for purchasing the coil; bottlecaps.
i can justify digging foil and canslaw in hopes of digging some jewelry. I can justify digging some iron and caps on an old site if I think it will help unmask something old, but in some places the caps will drive me nuts with a DD coil and take the fun out of the hunt for me. The concentric coil helps me to almost completely eliminate them. The concentric coil option was a deciding factor in my recent purchase of the machine.

Thanks thump7, I have had the 8 1/2 by 11 inch coil on my F70 all spring. Lately been thinking that maybe it is time to put on the 5 inch and run it for awhile. Those are the only coils I have for my F70. I bet the 5x10 does work good in the trash. How is depth compared to the 11 inch coil ?