Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 Still Loved?

dahut

Through a series of life changes I moved away from detecting.
Nowadays, I'm into fishing and fly fishing pretty heavy. Even have an international group on facebook: Palmetto Fly n Fish (shamless plug)
BUT - I still have my F70 and my Tiger Shark (yes, before anyone says it, I know Tesoro is defunct).

Just wondering how the F70 is holding up against the new wave of stablemates and competitors?

Thanks David

I have my Mojave, a Nox, bought an F5 a few months ago just to futz around with something at a mid frequency and did great with all of them this year.
Despite that I still have the F70 plus 5 coils but mostly the Nel Sharpshooter stays mounted and it still gets its turn here and there and it still finds the goodies.
To many great times together to get rid of it or permanently retire it, it still is the one I use to have the most fun when hunting since I spent so many hours learning to understand it so well.
Lots of options for me and the F70 is still a great one...life is good!

Through a series of life changes I moved away from detecting.
Nowadays, I'm into fishing and fly fishing pretty heavy. Even have an international group on facebook: Palmetto Fly n Fish (shamless plug)
BUT - I still have my F70 and my Tiger Shark (yes, before anyone says it, I know Tesoro is defunct).

Just wondering how the F70 is holding up against the new wave of stablemates and competitors?

Thanks David
The F70 is a good detector. Since you already have one, why not use it for awhile and see how it goes. You can always make changes if it does not meet your needs.

So you went from dirt fishing to wet fishing? My head hurts....,,..

I have my Mojave, a Nox, bought an F5 a few months ago just to futz around with something at a mid frequency and did great with all of them this year.
Despite that I still have the F70 plus 5 coils but mostly the Nel Sharpshooter stays mounted and it still gets its turn here and there and it still finds the goodies.
To many great times together to get rid of it or permanently retire it, it still is the one I use to have the most fun when hunting since I spent so many hours learning to understand it so well.
Lots of options for me and the F70 is still a great one...life is good!
HELLO Revier just purchase F-70 got it with the 11" coil and the 5" coil really like that 5" coil as for the 11" coil its so-so.What do think about the Nel 9.5 x 5" coil or the next size bigger from Nel ??:shrug::help:

Im pretty sure the NEL 9.5x5 you ask about is the Sharpshooter Revier mentions. I have one for my F75 and its my primary small coil if you will, works great in trashy areas, has depth, and covers a bit more ground than the 5” factory.

My Patriot is based on the F70 format and it's my go to detector. I have the Cors 9.5x5 mounted to the machine and it works great.