Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 turbo charged.

Dead Eye

I had my F70 out yesterday at the local park searching for clad. This is the second time out with the F70 so I am still learning the machine. I went over a section that I had previously searched with my ML Se Pro. I started pulling quarters out left and right, all of them about 5" down. I found 20 quarters in this little section. Surprised the heck out of me. I was using my Garrett pro pointer to help locate the coins, I noticed every time I got the pro pointer a few feet from the coil the F70 hit on it loud and clear. I did an air test on the pro pointer with pointer turned off. I was picking up the pro pointer up at over 3 feet. I dropped the sensitivity down to 50 and it was still hitting at over three feet. I thought I must a special machine so I air tested a quarter it was hitting over 12" not three feet. Why would the pro pointer hit at 3 feet?

I read a post by Dave Johnson on this forum I think that explained it. If I remember correctly, he said the Propointer "resonated" due to its circuitry which made it look bigger than it was, even when the Propointer was turned off.

My f-75 reacts to the propointer when the PP is in the off position. I have to holster it behind my back...been doing it for years.

I keep my PP in my pouch on my left hip. I noticed the detector keep sounding off when at the end of my swing on the left side. I guess I need a PP mount on my headphones.

LoL!
My Tejon hits on the Pro-Pointer (and it off) like three feet away as well. Its not been a problem sense the pointer does have to be over top or under the coil.

Mark

Nice work with the F70 Deadeye! I guess you will have to start wearing your Pinpointer in your hat, or drag it along behind you on a string...:rofl:
Mud

the pro pointer is 12 khz and the F 70 13 so its going to cause troble try to get the machine or coil away from the pointer

GunnarMN said:
the pro pointer is 12 khz and the F 70 13 so its going to cause troble try to get the machine or coil away from the pointer

Yea, but were talking about the pro-pointer being TURNED OFF!

Mark

n/t