Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 version number

Mr. Beard

Didn't see in the manual or online, how to check the version number on the F70. Does anyone know how to check??

The serial numbers are usually on a piece of paper glued inside the battery compartment...probably not what you are asking about, though.
As far as I know there was only one version of the F70, unlike others like the F5 that had a few revisions, Version 1, 2 and then 3, the F70 was never changed or updated from the first model when it was introduced to the last one when it was discontinued.
Some say when the line continued on as the Teknetics Patriot they might have made it a bit sparkier but FTP never admitted this and I don't see how this could have been even possible.
On the Patriot I still believe the only thing they actually changed was the color scheme.
In my opinion the thing was pretty close to perfect as is, for my many years of use, anyway, you just don't mess with something that was designed to be so great and already worked so well.

Last edited:
You are correct. I emailed fisher and got a reply. They only made one version.