Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 vs F19

I want to buy my kid a new detector so he can go relic hunting with me, ( get him out of the house and off these games ) he is up for it and has a real interest in finding things from the past. My question to everyone is should I buy him a F70 or the F19 that I hear everyone talking about. I figure even if he gets tired of detecting, which he probably wont, I would have a good backup for my75. Thanks

The F19 is easy enough. Just remember it responds better to low conductors then silver coins or anything large. Strange to me is after testing several buttons the depth is better on small pewter as opposed to large brass. But to be fair it is really fast in iron infested sites. Since you have an F75 if he gets tired of detecting you will have two different detectors. Regards

My vote is for the F19. Easier to use, lighter weight, less money, Super quiet without the EMI issues. The F70 is too close to the F75 and the F19 runs at a different frequency than the F75 so you can hunt close together if need be.

Good on ya there TD!...to get that young man of yours out of the house and introduce him into a Big World of real Life adventures and surprises!...Who knows? You may just be the Father of the next Mel Fisher! Thats a retirement plan we can all appreciate!:clapping::beers:
Mud

Appreciate it, cant wait for him to pull something out of the ground so I can see the look on his face. He will become addicted quick. Somehow I don't think I will be able to use it as a back up detector. I will keep everyone posted.

You will be surprised as I was yesterday. Digs deeper then it air tests. Pulled colonial buttons yesterday out of a pounded site . Go figure.