Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 ... what's a real nice used one worth ?

I have a chance to buy a F70 that looks pretty close to new, the guy only used it 2 or 3 times.
I've been using a F75 and love it, thought the F70 would make a great back-up unit to have but never used one before.
I hear the two are real close in overall performance, is that true ?
Although the F70 can be purchased new for $650 ... do you think a nice used one is worth $500 shipped ?

Thanks
Mike

Mike,
I can't tell you how close they are to F75s but I know the combination opens the door to coil switches.
I have heard that F70s like the F75 coil and F75s like the other coil. It would give you the chance to play.
I think $500 shipped isn't too bad with the price of shipping. I haven't had my F70 a super long time but
I really like it. Let us know what you decide.

HH, Kilmer

That depends on if you want to take a gamble and buy one without a warranty. Unless the person has a blank warranty card, I would just spend the extra money and get the 5 year warranty. I am sure that $650 can probably be negotiated if you talk to the right person.

I bought a used one for $450, with a Fisher bag and pinpointer. I had a 10% off coupon from paypal, so, it brought the price down to near $400. Sold the bag and Fisher pinpointer for $60, so I ended up with only $350 invested in a near new unit. I figure I made out all right. The comparisons between the units are very cloe, if you are speaking of depth. The F 75 has a slight edge. I bought the F 70 as a back up unit, which works well with the three interchangeable coils between the two units. Lots of flexibility. A great pair of detectors to have.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

the warranty card is important and this guy has only had the F70 for a few weeks and quickly decided that detecting wasn't for him.
Hopefully he still has the blank warranty card. If not, maybe we can talk about the price again.

Thanks Guys
Mike

I don't think I got a warranty card with my F70... I thought you just saved the original receipt of purchase?

When one buys a new Fisher either dealer sends in the warranty or its sent in by the first owner. Also Fisher requires that a copy of the original(dated) sales receipt be included with unit to be fixed under warranty provisions. to be valid. Not saying there might not be exceptions especially with updates. In other words both above must be done for a unit to have the 5 year warranty. Taking into consideration the above impossible for a second owner to comply with both provisions...

I never got a warranty card with my new Fisher and called the dealer I bought it from. He said they didn't use warranty cards and the sales receipt was proof of date if I had to send it in. This was for a F4 tho.

Steve

I do beleive that the dealers fill out the warranty card and send it in to Fisher. The buyer never sees one. Like Dan-PA said you do have to send in a copy of your original sales receipt for warranty work. A tough task for a second owner to receive warranty work if needed.

n/t

and all of you folks were right ... the original receipt is a must have for warranty work. I should have known that, same scenario when I bought a new F75.
I've been lucky through the years with used detectors, just hope it holds on for this one.
The owner got discouraged when I told him and made me another deal that I couldn't resist so the F70 is on it's way to poppa and will be here for some weekend hunting. :thumbup:

Thanks & Good Hunting

Mike

I aint telling ...if it looks as good as it did in the pics he sent .... and works right ... I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Good Hunting
Mike

n/t

comes on here wanting to know a price for a used one, then gets one and says I"am not telling....just want to see what they are going for, if you get a deal?
I have one I payed 650.00 or around there.(new)

I came on the Fisher forum for good reason, simply to ask what a used F70 in nice condition is worth and got good responses.
It's surely NOT the first time I've posted here so don't get your undies in a wad.

The only contribution you made to my post was " How much did you get it for " ... and now this !

What difference does it make anyway as long as I feel like it was a good deal in the long run ?
Didn't your Mom & Dad ever tell you that it isn't polite to ask folks how much they paid for something ... if not ... I'm telling you now ... it's not polite.

Hint: if they someone wants you to know how much they paid for something ... they will tell you without your asking.

Good Hunting
Mike

n/t