Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70ing

zeekeys

Haven't been able to get out for 4 days. Temp in low 50's with wind at 35 MPH. Boy did I get wind burned. I was out in the park all by myself. No baseball games today. There was a pretty big tot lot there so I thought I would hit it first. I could see someone was there ahead of me. I always go into a detected area with the attitude, "Lets see how good this guys is?" I never got out of the tot lot. This is what I found. The necklace must be stainless steel, no markings and real heavy. Little child's ring is a 10K and the earring is 925. Thanks for stopping by........Z

nice job in the totter!
It does give you some smug satisfaction to follow an unknown hunter and pull out a goodly amount behind him.
HH Ed in co.

Ed thanks and it is so simple. I know these guys notch out pennies and tabs. It seems like they all do it. I can follow behind guys in any part of the city and get the same results. Using the F70 we do have an advantage the zinc's are 61-62 +- and the copper 70-72 +- with different tones for both. It seems that the pennies are notched out and both zinc and copper get notched out. Adding to that the dimes are left too. Notice the dimes I find? The quarters are usually hidden by pennies/nickles and trash. The little gold ring gave an iron grunt as well as the chain which only gave a spit of a sound. Gad your in the chips. What does it take to investigate there? Sweep of the foot and sometimes nice surprises. In the chips settings are: Disc@5, Tones@4H, Sens@53, Thresh@-3. Thanks for reply Ed.......Z
Just a little soap and water and the little ring looks really nice.....

Nice Z...Guess I should be rethinking my small gold signals. I usually dig above 20 and 22 like the small foil seals with the 10". Didn't realize they could fall into the iron.-----Thanks for sharing------------IB

That's some mighty fine sniffing in the chips, Z. Good job on the gold and silver. We've had a nice touch of fall here, too, but back into the 80's this week. HH jim tn

IB: My wife has some gold 14K &18K bracelets that ring in around 7-8. According to my wife I always buy her the good jewelry? Some how I always save myself money by her buying things? I too run Disc@20 just enough to knock out those foil drink caps. I just tried the Disc@5-10 settings in the tot lot because I seldom hit the tot lots any more because very little in there. So I figured that the guys doing those tot lots are Disc"ing and notch"ing so I probably should run at what they are disc'ing and notch'ing out to pick up what they are missing. It worked on this hunt but it didn't work on today's tot lot hunt.
Thanks Jim. We might get to the 60's next 10 days.
Today's hunt. The Diez pesos is worth 74 cents. Again notching out pennies gets me a good amount of dimes from these notchers. I have to say this guy was better than yesterday's guy in the tot lot. Thanks guys........Z

When I see you post something, My first though is ( did he fill one pocket or two) Great hunting----------after1---------

A-1: I have had many days with only 4 or less coins for a hunt. I have 74 hunts this season. That is 74 days of hunting this season. Total coins for each hunt are logged in and recorded. Each hunt is from 2 -4 hours. Usually don't go hunting if there is less then 2 hours. I am out every day taking grandson to and from school and taking wife shopping. I am always looking for places to hunt on my travels. I probably have more time logged each season than a lot of guys have logged in for a few years. So that is a lot of time out there. Thanks A-1 for reply.......Z

zeekeys said:
I too run Disc@20 just enough to knock out those foil drink caps. I just tried the Disc@5-10 settings in the tot lot because I seldom hit the tot lots any more because very little in there.

I never run over 1 disc. and I notch out NOTHING since I read a 7 or 8 can be a chain clasp. I need to hear the iron. It seem if I run any more disc I can hear more unnatural clicks and clipping noise with target that have a VDI near the edge of my disc setting. Once I realized that discriminated iron can still cause false high tones I needed to hear it all. If the site has unusually high numbers of tiny rust I will go -2 or -3 threshold depending how deep the rust is-------HH to all ----IB

IB: If I run -1,-2 I spend a lot of time looking for what I can not find. Running the Thresh in the plus gives me all kinds noise that I don't care to listen to. Listening to a lot of noise tires me out quickly. I like a quiet hunt. -3 gives me a nice and easy hunt. IB please know that I am an unusual hunter. I learned to hunt the way I do because of physical limitations. I pop coins. Meaning 1-3" plus a little deeper. Some people call it cherry picking? I don't because I pick up all coin signals not just certain coin signals. I also pick signals say 20-30 and dig those guys for a hunt and switch to another set of signals say 40-50 for another hunt. Always looking what these numbers produce. I find that 20-30/40-50 produces a lot of crap/cheap jewelry included. Have you noticed that some sites you can not rely on the coin signals being coin signals? Digging quarters coming up in the 50's? And other coins all over the place in numbers? Emi, dump site, gravel under sod???? These are the things I notice. So maybe you have different experiences? Please know that I do not have answers just experiences that keep changing. Thanks........Z

Yes Z I have noticed very uncommon jumpy coin numbers in the recent past. I have noticed though my jewelry finds usually hold a nice tight 2 number pattern and hardly ever on exact coin numbers. That silver ring last week was 66-67 only 1" deep. It now air tests 61 which I find strange. Maybe the blood moon has something to do with it:rofl:-----IB