Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 “bottle cap” program abnormality

Ronstar

On the program setting is the BC program. This is supposed to eliminate most bottle caps as I understand it. Today I was out at an older county park which was and still is notorious for late night beer parties. Same park that I have pulled two silver dimes and three silver quarters. Hoping this 75 might uncover a couple more...... The first few feet towards the tables and fire rings I started encountering bunches of high value hits (mostly 80 and 90s) but ended up being old style rusted out bottle caps. Machine in DE mode so figured WTH lets try the BC program!
Still getting good target values but now zinc and dime numbers coming up and all the same bottle cap styles. Dug a bunch too. Am I missing a setting change? Revier says to use wiggle method and as gets close to rim should drop off down to iron sound, dead give away its a cap.
Anyone else have insight as to what bottle cap program tricks are out there?
All I got today was 2 nickels and 4 pennies.....

Attachments

• 7C5068A7-E501-4C18-873D-D2F69FC4945C.jpeg
    7C5068A7-E501-4C18-873D-D2F69FC4945C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
I don't use the BC Process but on page 31 of the manual under the heading "STEEL BOTTLE CAPS & FLAT IRON TRASH" it suggests under #2 to use dp (Delta Pitch) which causes bottle caps to ID lower on the scale. Like I said I don't use BC so I can't tell you if it helps or not.

Went back and read that...... didnt sink in the first time!