Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 and civil war bullets/relics

mcuch

I've got a F75 on the way, and there is a field I hunt on as well as permission properties. I was wondering what is the deepest anyone has found bullets and other relics from the civil war? They all say that the field is hunted out but I believe there are still items in that field, just down deeper than other detectors could reach. I've hunted that field with a pioneer 505 and found bullets near the road under a power line that others never hunted, in the field I picked up signals in all metal mode but they were just iron. How deep can I expect to hit signals with the F75?

Depends on your dirt.
I could hit targets up to 15" in great Kansas and Missouri dirt, definitely at 12" and more even in disc.
Here in the mineralized SE. I am very happy to get to 8-9" with that exact same machine.

All metal with the thresh and gain pumped up to max will probably get you the deepest in most kinds of soil...what that depth will be can be different all over the country.

Revier said it best--depends on soil conditions. That and coil choice.

I also have the little "hockey puck" 5" DD coil that goes a heck of a lot deeper than you'd think. A friend of mine uses it instead of the much larger stock coil.

Another variable is aftermarket coils. Some of the experts here are much more knowledgeable than I am concerning aftermarket coils, but from what I read, NEL makes some good DEEP coils for the F75.

Hope this helps, and good luck. :thumbup:

...put it in stat mode. No audio discrimination, but the TID works-its got P.I. depth (the 10" elliptical concentric is a very good loop and I prefer it--until you get into the monsters by Mars and Nel.)

One of the keys with the F 75 is proper swing speed. You will know it when you have it going on any given day. Also, keep in mind bullets, coins and other small targets have a pretty small detection zone at depth. Good luck, you have a awfully good machine coming. HH jim tn

Appreciate all the advice and help, hopefully the learning curve won't take me this too long. The F75 has more settings than I've been use to, so far only brass I have gotten from civil war area has been a grommet, hoping to finally finding some other good brass, hunting buddy found a button in one of our hunting areas. Maybe the F75 will pull out good targets and level the playing field against his XP Deus

Don't have it yet, should get it Thursday or Friday, hopefully it won't be rainy weather when it arrives, I want to get out there and aquatinted with it in the right way

Good, early Christmas present. LOL We are getting rain as well over here in W Tn. That will light those deep targets up.The 75 is a pretty easy detector to set up and work with. Good luck! HH jim tn

Try two tone in the BP process. Run the sensitivity as high as possible. Discriminate out iron only. Deep targets don't ID very well. I've had very good luck with the 15"-12" SEF coil. Your relic hunting you don't need 4 tone ID. Ground Ballance the machine often. Good luck & HH.