Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 and falsing

I have a F75 with the concentric and DD coil. I have a lot of trouble with falsing. It seems wherever I use it I get false signals that take time to check out. I have tried to use it in a planted hunt at a couple of states and I have the same problem. Settings dic everything but coins. Sensitivity all the way down to 10, DE mode and also tried jewelry mode. It's not other detectors either. I get a signal that sounds good but when I check it again there's nothing there. I get a lot of false signals of all kinds. I bought it used and had it upgraded by Fisher to the latest last year. I get the same problem searching my yard. I cant figure if its me or my settings or the detector. Doesn't seem to care which coil. Any Ideas what to try? I keep having to go back to my Whites coinmaster for planted hunts in all metal and tone id. No falsing. I have been detecting since the 70's

I’ve had this happen and if it’s not at least semi repeatable I move on. Maybe try pinpointing the area and different angles.

What happens when you try to ground balance it to magnetite (black sand or magnetite rock) or a piece of electrical ferrite?

The F 75's have always been a little sparky, but none that I've had over the years were so much so to actually shut one down as you describe. Have to mention making sure you get a good snug coil wire connection. Are you able to get a good ground balance? Did you send the coils along with the detector when you had it up graded? If not, they perhaps need to be checked. Good luck! All that fallsing just doesn't sound right. HH jim tn

Your statement (Settings dic everything but coins.) kind of made me think you are maybe setting notches in or out. If so you can get some really funky stuff set in the machine. I would suggest doing a factory reset to get any bad settings out of the machine after running notches.

You should also be able to run the sensitivity a lot higher than 10. If I am clad stabbing coins pretty much on top of the ground I will run mine down to about 50.

Just some thoughts,

Ron in WV

Coinmaster and F75 are night and day different. frequency and performance wise. Drop your disc to 10, 3 tone id and try hunting that way for a while. Coins will high tone. Trash will bounce around and you can see the trash bounce. Right now with the high disc setting you are only hearing part of the trash target response. Trash is bouncing around you hear and see only the high tone part of the bounce. You are not hearing the rest of the trash response. Use the tones for target id and leave the disc set low.

Make sure you are ground balancing. If your balance is off you'll hear all kinds of stuff. If I was in a planted hunt I'd be running 0 sensitivity. 0 sens is still an 8 inch quarter.

But if I wasn't confident in my detector I would send it in for a check up. You need to be confident in your tool. Dave J is wondering if your ground balance window is out of wack.

HH
Mike

jim tn said:
The F 75's have always been a little sparky, but none that I've had over the years were so much so to actually shut one down as you describe. Have to mention making sure you get a good snug coil wire connection. Are you able to get a good ground balance? Did you send the coils along with the detector when you had it up graded? If not, they perhaps need to be checked. Good luck! All that fallsing just doesn't sound right. HH jim tn

I had the same problem with random target responses and cured it by re-seating the coil to control box connector.

Thanks for the suggestions, I just got back from a month of traveling. I will try them. Yes it was ground balanced, yes the coil connection was reseated. No it wasn't notched. In the seeded hunts nothing is deeper than 2 inches. That's why the disc was down at 10. It kind of sounds like large chunks of Iron sucking the signal and when the coil comes off it it reads like a signal, but is not ever repeated. It may just be settings. No I didn't send in the coils. I have 3 and they all do it. I won a Minelab X-Terra in a hunt with 2 coils, but just bought a euro tek pro for seeded hunts because its only 1.4 lbs and still has target ID numbers.

My upgraded F75 never really falses. Very quiet until your over something most of the time unless its EMI. If you tried different coils, a factory reset, and your notch is off, then its time to call Fisher.