Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 coil?

I have both the round five inch coil and the small football coil for my F75. Which one is a better coil and why? I would appreciate any help answering this question.

The football coil ( Concentric) works great when their are a lot pop tops thats rusted in the area. better seperation and better able to Id them.. Just my opinion ..

Generally most would use a 5" coil in trashy areas to obtain better target separation.

Personally, unless the area of woods you plan to detect is loaded with modern day trash... I would use the stock factory eleven inch coil that came with the F75.

After rereading your post... I didn't realize you had only the two smaller coils. Therefore, I can only base my opinion on the small 5" DD coil as it is the only small coil that I have.

I find the smaller 5" DD to be capable of decent depth and good target separation on coin sized objects when the user adjusts his detector properly. Like any other coil it could get noisy and chatter a bit when you tune in too much sensitivity on the detector.

Since I have not used the small "football" coil I really do not know how it will perform. Since you say it is a concentric coil I suspect that it would allow you to be able to pinpoint more accurately... but I think you would lose some some sweep coverage and would have to overlap you sweep a bit more carefully.

I have both of the smaller coils along with the stock 11" and find I use all three, depending on the situation. As Elton mentioned, when working a area loaded with the older rusty caps, I use the 6 1/2" concentric. I also use it in moderate trash such as sports fields, old school yards and the like as it covers a little more ground. In heavy trash, then the 5" DD. For woods hunting, fields and so on, then the 11" DD for its coverage and added depth. HH jim tn

I'm sorry, I do have the stock coil and a ten by twelve excellerator coil. I am just trying to figure out which coil would be better in a heavily wooded area with a lot of vegetation that the stock coil would get caught in.

chickamauga said:
I'm sorry, I do have the stock coil and a ten by twelve excellerator coil. I am just trying to figure out which coil would be better in a heavily wooded area with a lot of vegetation that the stock coil would get caught in.

Based on the last part of your comments, the little 5" round would be your best choice over the little 6.5 elliptical. The elliptical sides are more blunt and would be harder to swing if you are pushing through vegetation.

My next choice may be the 11" DD coil and run in the boost processor mode. Also if you find you a pretty hot area you may want clear out the area with a weed eater.

Ron in WV