Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 coils

sargojim said:
I have a teknetics g2...Just wondering if I can use its 5 in coil on f75

Don't believe so, connector types notwithstanding and even though a similar frequency it is a matter of programming.
Even if it fit and somewhat worked I would assume it would not work so well or optimally.
Then again I am often wrong...just ask my wife.

I can say the investment in a 5" Fisher sniper might pay you back in spades despite the cost.
Mine sure has.

sargoguy said:
Thanks so much for your input..I don't own f75 yet, but seriously considering purchase...Thanks again

Yea, stay away from Fishers...move along, nothing to see here.
There is still a lot of treasure in the ground but I believe it is a finite amount so we don't need another Fisher owner grabbing up way more than their share.:lol:

Should you get a F75, You will not be sorry about the choice ,it comes down to which F75 do you want-----------Gh---------------------------------------------after1-------------

F75 gold handle is a bit chatty but found me many finds. The upgrade makes it quiet and more stable. Unless your after a chache, the gold handle will hunt deeper than bp mode. so gold handle is a good detector also.

On a follow up to the coil question, I have a G2 11"DD coil. I've read that this coil can be used on the "frat" series so my question is how efficient would it be on an Omega as compared to The G2 that it comes on? Many coils can be used on different machines but what's the gain/ loss on the G2 swap to an Omega? Any answers are appreciated.

jd88047 said:
F75 gold handle is a bit chatty but found me many finds. The upgrade makes it quiet and more stable. Unless your after a chache, the gold handle will hunt deeper than bp mode. so gold handle is a good detector also.

Have you turned the DST on? When it's on I can hunt places that were undetectable before. I believe 9.0 is on and 9.1 is off.
Or the other way,,lol

One of the most popular aftermarket coils for the F75 (and Tek T2) is the 9.5" x 5.5" DD Nel Sharpshooter coil. Better in trash than the stock 11" coil with similar depth.

Tom

I have not found a better coil that the NEL tornado. It is great for all types of hunting. I have one on my E-trac and F75LTD2

Got my new f75 anniversary edition yesterday...Took it out for short hunt this afternoon..Found about $2.00 worth of clad in about an hour....On my way to paying it off. LOL....For the heck of it I put my G2 5in coil on and did some air tests.. It seemed to work just fine...Identified penny, nickel, dime, and quarter as it should....Doing some more testing tomorrow. HH to you all