Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 concentric coil

Ronk

Has anyone had experience with comparing the F75 stock dd with the 10 inch concentric for discrimination and separation? Also have you used the F75 10x5 dd and compared it with the stock 11x7 dd ?
Ronk

1663207605273.png

As for depth I give the edge to the 10" concentric, then the 11"DD and then the 5x10. Not a huge

I had some problems with the posting above and it didn't post all I said. So I will post here what was lost.
Pick up at Not a huge difference in depth, the 10" concentric is the deepest, then the 11"DD and then the 5x10.
I don't use the 11"DD coil much at all, it just seemed to miss a lot of targets that I would find later with other coils.
I also don't use the 5"DD coil, the 5x10 will do everything as good as the 5" and it is way deeper and better ground coverage.
The little 6.5 x 3.5 is my most hunted with coil, it has pretty good depth and does really good in around trash.
The 10" concentric is my go to coil for deep silver coins.
One thing about the concentric coils is they handle iron a lot better than a DD coil.
Sorry for the mess up above.
Ron in WV

I had some problems with the posting above and it didn't post all I said. So I will post here what was lost.
Pick up at Not a huge difference in depth, the 10" concentric is the deepest, then the 11"DD and then the 5x10.
I don't use the 11"DD coil much at all, it just seemed to miss a lot of targets that I would find later with other coils.
I also don't use the 5"DD coil, the 5x10 will do everything as good as the 5" and it is way deeper and better ground coverage.
The little 6.5 x 3.5 is my most hunted with coil, it has pretty good depth and does really good in around trash.
One thing about the concentric coils is they handle iron a lot better than a DD coil.
Ron in WV

Ron in WV
I agree with the 11"DD coil missing things that other coils find. I have the little football concentric and I really like it! I also have another small DD coil about the same size and it works very well. I have been wanting another coil smaller than the 11 dd but bigger than the little football coil. Seems like not as many using the 10 inch concentric or maybe I just didn't find enough reviews for it. Thanks for the info!
Ronk

In heavy trash, I still find the DD coils do better then concentric and in 3-4 bar dirt. I like the 10" concentric very much as it does a better job of bottle caps and for me is almost as deep as the 11" DD. HH jim tn

At the beginning of this year's season I purchased a 6×10. Only problem I had in the beginning was pinpointing with it. I now have it down to perfection. It works so much better in the woods. I can't comment much on the depth as I've only used it a couple dozen times. Most of my recoveries have been 4-5 inches. The 11inch will snag on vines and twigs. The 'football' shape and being of solid construction allows me to poke it under and around the annoying obstacles on the woods floor. Hope this helps. hhrickinmi

I installed the 12x10 SEF and that was a world of difference. Backed that up with the NEL Sharpshooter and finds nearly doubled.
Doesnt really answer your question but there are other options out there.

Ronstar,
I think that is a very good answer, I had a NEL Sharpshooter for the F75 and I liked it but I got a wild hair and sold it. Now for the 12x10 SEF I never had one for the F75 but I got one for my E-Trac and like you said it made a big difference.
Both of those coils would be a really good option. If they make 8x6 SEF for your detector would also be a really good choice.
Ron in WV

Last edited: