Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f75 discrimination mode ????!!!

shilohwig

i recently bought an f75 and gave my id edge to my father, anywayu on my f75 when i go to discrimination mode and put notch on 15 and discrimination mode on 20 i am hearing like im in all metal the tones that are supposed to be silenced are coming through as a muffled low sound so i am hearing all targets its very aggravating i love the detector but not sure why this is happening is it something im missing. please help. thanks shiloh

If your notching under your discrimination setting your putting that target range back in..You will hear targets with the F75 like you never heard with your other detectors.Thats iron range 8-15 range..and your only discriminating to 20 16-20 foil range...So you will hear a lot of junk targets at that particular setting.

When you set the notch if a slash was thru the 15 area and you notch your putting it back in..So you will be getting iron at 8-15 levels. So notch out the target first and then set your discrimination. That will notch it out....

so if im not wanting to hear signals below 15 i need to set notch at what and disc at what im still kinda fuzzy

Shilowig:

As I can't be sure how your machine is set up at present, I'd recommend doing a factory reset as per the manual as a starting point.

Some machines factory reset at Disc. #10 and some like mine that have had the upgrade reset at Disc. #15. If it factory resets at Disc. #10, select the Disc menu by pushing the menu button and turn the settings knob until #15 shows in the window. If it factory resets at #15, leave it there. Now push the menu button to get out of the Disc. menu. Notice at the top of the window display that the category word IRON has a full slash running diagonally through it. Consists of a upper half slash for IRON low range (1 thru 7) and a lower half slash for IRON high range (8 thru 15). Full slash through IRON = 1 thru 15 NOT detected. Only way you can tell what is, or is not, being detected is by looking for the absence or presence of the slashes.

Push the menu button until you select the Notch menu. Notice the # 1 in the window. When you factory reset the F-75 no Notch is set. In other words, that #1 in the window means nothing. It's just a number that the machine selects as a resting spot for that menu on reset. The numbers in the Notch menu are just there to help you set a Notch but never indicates where Notches are set. HH

Ron

thanks so much for the replies and the very clear instruction but i am hearing targets under 15 still they are not a beep just a muffled sound like its not supposed to be getting through but is may be something wrong with detector it is brand new though. i put on 20 and notch on 1 an still heard tones for tarhets under 20 but it was not a sharp beep but a muffled choppy beep

Do a factory reset as suggested. Push the MENU button to select the DISC. menu. When you get into the Disc. menu if it says #10 turn the SETTINGS knob until #15 is in the window. If it already says #15, leave it there. Now push the MENU button until you are in the SENSITIVITY menu. Leave the Notch menu alone as there is NO Notch set.

Is there a full slash through the word IRON at the top of the display? Set up this way most IRON objects should be Disc. out but IRON falsing can fool you. Have you dug the questionable targets to confirm that they are IRON? Do you have an EMI problem? Do you have a coil cover and, if so, is it clear of anything that might affect the machine?

While still in the SENS.menu, turn the Sens below 50. Now push the MENU button until you are in the Disc. menu and turn the Disc. to 0. Push the Menu button again until you are in the NOTCH menu. There's that #1 again but it doesn't mean anything. While in the NOTCH menu turn the SETTINGS knob until #5 shows up in the window. Push the MENU button once and this sets a Notch (not detected) for #'s 1 thru 7. While you are still in the NOTCH menu quickly turn the SETTINGS knob to #9 and push the MENU button again once. Now you have also set a Notch (not detected) for #'s 8 thru 15. Pushing the MENU button again will get you out of the NOTCH menu and continued pushing it will get you to the SENS. menu..

Now you have a Disc. of #0 but the IRON category is Notched out (not detected) as indicated by the full slash through the word IRON. The numbers I selected for Notching are just my choice, i.e #5 and #9. Actually, any number 1 thru 7 would have Notched out (not detected) IRON low range ! thru 7 and any number 8 thru 15 would have Notched out (not detected) IRON high range 8 thru 15. Do those same targets sound the same this way? HH

Ron

Hi ,Shilohwig.
Why would you want to put notch on 15 ? That's a helluva lot of `knock out" if you don`t mind me saying so.

You are getting rid of a lot of stuff knocked out with 15 on notch and it amazes me why any one even bothers with notch, because it loses you such a lot of targets.
I never ever use the notch facility. The more notch you put on the less you`ll find.
Can i just make a suggestion for you to try please if your not looking for anything iron or steel type targets ?
If your not in a too irony site you want to search ,use the F75 in the ALL METAL `motion` mode.
use 85 on your sensitivity and dig nothing under 18 on the digi readout of the target. Iron will be anything under 18 ,and will also register in at 90-99.
Dig only each way Targets, and listen for the "positive" repeatable targets. On receiving a target check left to right from 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock, then 12 o'clock to 6 o clock .

If your in a bit of a junky site . Stick it in PF mode Sens at 75, Notch off at 1,(always) and Discrimination no higher than 6. Use 1(one) tone, for super target clarity and ID , and dig nothing under 18 & Again "big" iron might come in over 90 readings. Don`t forget to Fast grab about every 20 mins to check unstable Ground mineralization shifts too.
My workings and they are proven good. Others mightn`t agree with them but I`ve found them great to work with.