Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Discrimination

Cody

I thought I would post a comment or two on the discrimination capabilities of the F75. I have a quarter planted that is surrounded by the typical trash metals we find in a trashy park which are iron, pulltabs, aluminum, etc. I want to know what a detector will do in these conditions as I like to pick through trashy areas in a park or other sites as I have found some nice finds at places where it seems other guys did not want to take the time to mess with all the trash.

I am rather amazed that the F75 hits this quarter with a very clean crisp tone and locks on solid. I did not think, even with fast recovery, the stock coil on the F75 and circuits would be able to recover and separate target with that degree of accuracy.

I then switched to all metal and could hear all the targets including the quarter but for me it was the crisp high tone in discrimination that I think is going to be a real blessing for me in those really trashy sites.

I started off with factory presets, heard the coin, then walked down the menu adjusting all settings. I then went to all metal and did the same. Since I am in the start up stage with the F75 these aret off the cuff observations but I will play with the different tones to see which ones work best in different conditions. They all did fine on the coin. I did increases sensitivity and believe on the planted coin test location I ended up with that at 75 with virtually no noise other than targets.

All Metal worked great but I kept wondering if I was in a trashy area and heard all those hits then I would be tied to the screen figuring out which one to dig more than I would want to be. In discrimination the quarter high tone jumps right out from the little ticks and tacks sounds that is so common to a detector with high gain circuits. I think the design engineers call them "chirp" discriminator circuits. Although we get that, it does not bother me, we get great depth and performance.

I have continued to play around with the F75 getting ready for a trip to some old areas I have been waiting for years to search with a really hot machine. Each time I play with the F75 a feeling that this is going to be a real standard for single frequency operation. I have to be fair in saying I also want multiple frequency so will stick to the SE for that. I absolutely love the light weight, at my age, and the F75 has me thinking more in terms of the type of coil, I guess they have to have cooling fins on it due to it being so hot, and being very comfortable with the performance. I can do things with this that I have not been able to do with other double D equipped machines. I think it will be interesting to see what smaller coils will do.